• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

First W/C Attempt and Multiple Loop Setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Aesmodien

So I finally decided to jump into water cooling. The below mentioned items are going into a ATCS-840 Case. I have already tore the case apart and had it custom powder coated. The items are going to be used to cool a EVGA x58 Classified 760 board, a i7 920 cpu, and 2 BFG GTX 275 OC cards. Here is the list I came up with so far:
Pumps:
Swiftech MCP 355 18v
Swiftech MCP655 with Speed Control
XSPC Laing DDC Top
Reservoir:
Swiftech MCRES-MICRO Rev2
T-virus Inverse Blue by Frozen-Q http://www.overclock.net/water-cooling/510025-t-virus-inverse-res-finally.html
Blocks:
EK-FB Kit EVGA x58 Classified Acetal
EK-FC275 GTX SLI - Acetal
HEATKILLER® CPU Rev3.0
Radiators:
Black Ice GTX 240
Swiftech MCR320-QP-K Triple 120mm Radiator
Fittings:
Bitspower T-block
Bitspower True Silver 1/2" Barbs
Swiftech 1/4" BSPP to 1/2" barb res port fitting
Swiftech 1/4" BSPP to 1/2" barb fill port fittings
Herbie Clips
Tubing:
Primo Flex Pro LRT UV Red
Primo Flex Pro LRT UV Blue
Silver Kill coils (02 for each loop)
Fan Control:
02 Scythe KAZE MASTER ACE 5.25" Bay Fan Controller - Black
Fans:
Antec Tri Cool LED Fans 39 / 56 / 79 CFM 25 / 28 / 30 dBA

I plan to run the 360 rad for the cpu/nb/sb loop and the 240 rad for the two BFG GTX 275 cards. The reason I chose the MCR320 rad was for cost to efficiency. I went with the Black Ice rad because I would like to avoid using a 320 Rad in the lower end of the ATCS case. It already has mounting options for 2x120 fans.

The two pump choice was based on the following: MCP 655 for video cards due to low flow restriction allowing flow to provide more cooling than a high psi pump. The MCP 355 would be used for the CPU/NB/SB setup because of the higher flow restriction. Also I intend to add Ram water blocks for my Dominator GT ram once Corsair puts out their new block.

I plan to run to drain lines off the reservoirs for maintenance draining purposes. The reservoir choice for the t-virus cannot be changed due to it being the focal point of the case theme. Going with a Resident Evil theme.

Any suggestions would be welcome as I am extremely new to this and can use all the help I can get.

Attachments

• DSC00063.JPG
    DSC00063.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 222
  • DSC00059.JPG
    DSC00059.JPG
    92.7 KB · Views: 221
Welcome!

NICE! love the resident evil series.

i'm not sure how well frozenq's res work as res's and not just show pieces but if they do work, you don't need the micro res.

you don't need the silver kill coils if you get the bitspower true silver fittings, they are plated with silver and do the same as th coils.

you going to need better fans for the GTX rad, something like high speed yates or panaflow's.

and don't bother getting the ram cooled, it will add restriction to the loop as well as cause corrosion as it will most likely have aluminum in the block, a well placed fan works the best.

Just how do u intend to mount the MCR320?

Your missing 1 hole at the top. :X

Actually I decided to save some cash and went with normal fittings and most of the sites were already sold out of the silver fittings. The resevoir by Frozen Q is for the 1st loop and the micro res is for the second loop. The ram was just an after thought but if they go with aluminum instead of copper then I will avoid it like a std. I already have the dominator fan kit running on it so might just leave it be.

Do the yates really do more then 79CFM though or does Antec just market their fans with higher ratings then they perform at?

As for the MCR 320 they actually fit on top. The case comes with a 3x120 rail for a radiator and they vent out the top. The fan cut out's are 230 CM though.

when i saw the xspc top i thought it was the res version.

high speed aytes do 88cfm, but have a better static and are cheap enough to go push pull if need be. i stick with yates so i don't really look at other fans, but i do know that the majority of led fans are not good for rads.

Thanks for the heads up. I went ahead and ordered 10 yates for a push pull. Figure since I am dropping this much money might as well do it right and not go cheap. I am actually thinking of sending back the MCR 320 and just getting a Black Ice now that they are in stock.

As for the XSPC top, I was going to go with the one with the reservoir but I wasn't sure just how big it really is. So I decided to go with a micro res that I can bracket to the side of my 5.25" bay since I only have 1 drive in it. Thinking back though having it all as one and cutting out the hose might be a better idea to limit flow restriction. I was going for more of a ability to conceal the reservoir though.

Have you gotten your liquid fusion (t-virus) res yet? I ordered 2 the other day for my upcoming build and was wondering what the wait time for these currently are.

Also, any ideas yet where you're going to mount yours?

When I placed my order Frozen-Q said about 3 weeks before they ship after payment. As far as where I plan to mount it, I plan to mount it right off the right side of my motherboard. I am going to make an aluminum arm to hold it out away from the case so it looks like it is suspended. I also plan to buy a replica of the vial from ebay and break it in half and have that setup at the bottom. I want it to look like one of the vials broke in the case. I am also trying to figure a good paint to simulate blood splatter. I want to splatter the paint on the interior of the window.

Nice, very creative. :) I'm curious to see what that al arm mount's going to look like... not a big fan of the plastic ones.

i will buy some wall brackets and clean out the case, there will be enough room, i just have to design how the air will get around there. it will also reduce my temps being that it's so hot up there, will order another rad to compensate... :)

Back