• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding On A dual

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

diehrd

Senior SMP Gawd
I could use some info.

I installed folding on my C local disk.

I then installed folding on my E local disk.

I am guessing this is not the correct way to run 2 instances of folding...

Can someone please give me some answers on how to properly run 2 instances if in fact this is incorrect.. THANKS

To setup 2 instances, you have to install it twice. Don't just copy and paste. You can put them on the same drive/partition, just as long as you INSTALL it twice. Don't copy/paste or you won't get credit for half your WU's.

from the official oc.com faq.

How do I set up the client on a dual processor machine?

Guide for Windows 2000

There is currently no support for dual processor machines. They 2.x client is in the early stages of development and SMP support is in the future for the client. It is possible to take advantage of two or more processors by running multiple instances of the client. This only works with the No Nonsense Text Only version.

1. Set up two folders (fah1 and fah2) and copy executable client into each directory.

2. Name the clients different
FAH2Console-v219.EXE
FAH2Console-v219cpu2.EXE

3. Make two shortcuts and use the local tag
"C:\Program Files\FAH1\FAH2Console-v219.EXE" -local
"C:\Program Files\FAH2\FAH2Console-v219cpu2.EXE" -local

Ok I did install it twice Once in drive C

and Once on Drive E {A partition to drive C}

Thay both run fine,and i did 25 points in like 35 hours.So I guess i am running 2 instances by putting them on seperate partitoins right ?

no dude you just need em in different folders. they can be on the same partition. I have both folders in my program files folder.

just check the task manager and see if both cpu's are running at 100%.

Ebola said:
no dude you just need em in different folders. they can be on the same partition. I have both folders in my program files folder.

just check the task manager and see if both cpu's are running at 100%.

Yep both at 100% ..I did it this way cause i am lazy but then thought maby being lazy aint the way to go, i installed 1 on c then downloaded a second folding to E and installed it there.

And from what you are saying I am ok,, I also set my afinity so each processor runs it own folding @ home Priority High.

Back