• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Folding.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Alright guys. Just because I 'aint publishing updates doesn't mean we can slack off. The fact that my hobbled farm is getting me into the top 10 is saying something. If you aren't folding now, then get your gear cleaned up and ready for winter. Fold On!

WhitehawkEQ has edged ahead of HayesK for the #1 spot but I think Hayes will be looking to regain that spot. We'll see.

OzoneOOO just earned 30 million....

I think that OzoneOOO has one of the more clever names in the game here. Being that O3 or OOO is ozone being that oxegyn likes to run in pairs or O2 or OO. OzoneOOO is clever.

What other clever names have you seen folding that you'd like to give a shout out for? Please list them all and make any comments about ones you see. Be nice guys. ;)

I see your 4 GPU's in your sig but I don't see the points on EOC, what kind of math are you using? :rofl:
Soon my friend ....soon....:sn:Besides that 3080 pending there is another GPU not in the sig yet...I wanted to give you time to step it up.:thup:

I have to rework two PC's without my better half noticing...certainly the most dangerous thing I'll do this year.:argue:

If she notices I'll have to spend an equal amount on her for useless things like food and clothing.:rain: It a Quid Pro Quo arrangement. :blah:

lol. No really. I laughed out loud. My co-workers think I'm nuts now.

Congrats on the 'stone Ozone.:cheers:

Also first half of my secret plan to pass the 'Hawk in PPD has been initiated in secrecy. My math scores will be improving.:sn:

General chat:
I may be moving here in the next few months which means the farm can come inside. I imagine keeping the 1080s at lower than 35*c ambient will increase efficiency a little bit ;)

At least they waited until the rain stopped before PECO. Shut off the power.

Our longest outage was 5 hours just last year. Going on 4 now. Hope it comes back up by daylight.

Yeah our record for power outage looks like it is going to be 2 days...:rain: Good news is we have fresh water, water to use in toilets and plenty of food.

The good that came out of our 20 hour power outage...I was able to swap in a 1300W EVGA PSU and with a dwindling air supply in my air compressor give it a thorough cleaning.

Will be doing the electrical installation next week for a subpanel. The following week will either have a 8000W generator (Had to get it running, Old fuel, rusty fuel tank, carb) my neighbor gave me or new 12kW Generator. I am leaning towards a new dual fuel so I can run it cleaner on propane.

I never knew how simple it was to add in a Generator. Not going to put my wife thru this again.

My dad went with a Generac brand generator that runs on natural gas. Had someone plumb a line to the gen and its wired into the house.

Dfonda, what did you pay for the 3060, 3070 and the 3080's you have? Did you pay the scalper prices?

Dfonda, what did you pay for the 3060, 3070 and the 3080's you have? Did you pay the scalper prices?

Oh no, no no....Original EVGA Notify MSRP for the first 3080, Paid Bugfreak MSRP plus his shipping for the 3070...Next 2 3080's were MSRP but the higher updated MSRP...One off a Newegg shuffle and the other EVGA notify. The 3060 was EVGA notify MSRP...(The 3060 is in the FS section)

The 3060 was pulled out an hour ago and replaced with the 3080 XC....With good WU's 18 mil PPD. Tho another 7 days for the average to reflect it.

Oh no, no no....Original EVGA Notify MSRP for the first 3080, Paid Bugfreak MSRP plus his shipping for the 3070...Next 2 3080's were MSRP but the higher updated MSRP...One off a Newegg shuffle and the other EVGA notify. The 3060 was EVGA notify MSRP...(The 3060 is in the FS section)

The 3060 was pulled out an hour ago and replaced with the 3080 XC....With good WU's 18 mil PPD. Tho another 7 days for the average to reflect it.

The way I see it, the 4000's will come out before Newegg or any other online store or any brick & mortar store has any 3000's in stock. By then the only way to get a 3080 is to buy used, abused and misused :)

The way I see it, the 4000's will come out before Newegg or any other online store or any brick & mortar store has any 3000's in stock. By then the only way to get a 3080 is to buy used, abused and misused :)

Always something better if you wait...Not sure why 4K's would be easy to get when they come out. 3K's are not that hard to get...I managed 5 and passed on a 6th...;)

Patience and diligence...:thup: Oh and lots of moolah:p

Always something better if you wait...Not sure why 4K's would be easy to get when they come out. 3K's are not that hard to get...I managed 5 and passed on a 6th...;)

Patience and diligence...:thup: Oh and lots of moolah:p

I did not say the 4000's would be easy to get, the problem is how slow the manufacturers are making the cards, be it 3000's or 4000's when they come out. My 1080's and 2080's I have was easy compared to trying to get a 3080.

Back