• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FPO/Batch numbers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ty Bower

Registered
I just got a 2.4C in the mail from Newegg. It's from the Philippines. FPO/Batch # is 7341A343. Pack date was 8/10/04.

I've been staring at the CPU database, trying to guess what this CPU might be able to do. I've got a couple questions for the experts about FPO/Batch numbers.

I thought the first digit indicated the plant that assembled the part. In my case, the 7 means Philippines. I was wondering why Malaysia gets two different characters. Most Malaysia parts are L, but some are Q. What's the difference?

I also though the second digit indicated the year, and the next two the week. That would make mine week 41 of year 2003. Can this be true? Was mine really made in mid-November of last year? Why did they wait until August '04 to pack it?

If I'm correct about the date coding, the youngest 2.4C in the cpu database is week 42, 2003. Did Intel stop making the 2.4C last year? Or have all the overclockers gotten bored with the 2.4C, and no one posts results for them any more?

What's the S code? It's also on the box... it starts with S and is 5 characters long.

For example, my S code is SL6WF

the SL6WF and SL6Z5 ( or 3, I can't remember) tend to be the best overclockers, so check that out.

I don't think too many people use cpudatabase anymore... it was a pain for me, I waited for 6 months and they never loaded my overclock onto the page.

The S code is SL6WF.

I believe there are only three codes for the 2.4C. The D1 steppings are SL6WF or SL6WR. The M0 steppings are SL6Z3.

The SL6Z5 you are thinking of is the 2.8C.

That's too bad if people aren't using the CPU database any more. I've always tried to rely on it as a good source of information.

Back