• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

From the ashes of my dead pc has arisen a new one

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

\dev\goat

man /dev/goat
So I killed my motherboard, and my 2600k last week

I decided not to just buy replacements. Might as well go big while we're spendin hundreds of dollars on this mistake.

I bought a Crucial m4. And another gtx570. And a Raven. And some other stuff ;p

I've never really had a nice case before. I guess the Antec 300 was the most money I'd spent on a regular tower-style case. It's amazing how different the experience is when you're building it into a really nice case like the Raven. Just much more enjoyable to put together and it looks great when you're done. I think on future builds the case will be the first thing I pick.

Photo041.jpg

Photo040.jpg

attachment.php

LOVE your Raven setup. Your fan controller looks like it was placed there factory. It goes great with the V shaped blue lighting over top of it. Great setup and color matching. :)
Me likee. A lot.

Serious 10/10 on the appearance of that case dude. (just an innocent thought: Blue strip lighting in the case to increase the already fantastic blue look). 10/10 either way.

I've had my eye on one of these new-fangled "sideways" cases for a while... How do you find the airflow so far? I see you have hardwood instead of carpet, so that's gotta help..

With the 4 fans turned all the way down, my temps are about the same as they were in the antec 300 with my 5 fans turned all the way up. It's a good airflow design. It has like 2 inch tall feet so you don't have to worry about your carpet. Plus you got these little deals under the fans

Photo029.jpg

So it's super easy to clean them. There's even one for the powersupply intake.

Added strip lighting upon OCnoobs rec :beer:

shadowy in some spots but I think it looks pretty neat

edit: my toaster takes blurry pictures sorry

Photo079.jpg

Back