• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Full GPU Blocks vs. Universal GPU Blocks + RAM Heatsinks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DigitalMonkey

Is there a difference in performance between the two or are they the same?

The reason that I ask, is because Im looking for a full gpu block for a MSI GTX580 Extreme Lightning. I was lucky enough to stumble over this, but it seems that they have stop making these blocks.

I would go with full cover block if you aren't thinking to change it for like 2 years ;)
I'm not using full cover blocks mainly because of price and that I'm changing gfx cards quite often ( well maybe except this year ).
If you look on performance then won't be big difference but when you oc GTX580 then you will need something to cool everything else than gpu too, so you have option to play with heatsinks+fans or just get full cover that solves most problems in this case.

That doesnt answer my question from OP. But thanks for responding.
I would like to know the performance difference between the two (Full GPU Blocks vs. Universal GPU Blocks + RAM Heatsinks ). Or is there a performance difference?

skinnee has a review of universal blocks and full cover blocks, that should be all the data you need. Core temps will be about the same, VRM temps will be higher with a universal block.

Back