• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

G5 Test Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
im sure any of us who are trying to get this block are also members over on OCAU, but just incase, ill post Cathar's SAD news here...

Cathar (on OCAU) said:
I just posted this in the main Storm thread, but thought that it bore repeating here:

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Effective 9th Nov 2004

First Batch of Storm/G5 blocks - I know that these blocks have been highly anticipated by those who have contacted me, but I have some bad news. I just spoke with the machinists today and it impossible to fit any production run of these blocks in before January of 2005. For those who have contacted me expressing their interest, please accept my apologies. I won't contact you by email until I can guarantee production time to handle the blocks. It is anticipated at this point that this will occur sometime in January. Again please accept my apologies for this delay.

:cry:

@Cathar: would make a direct die waterblock get you closer to the 0C dt everyone wants you to achive???

Well congratz, you are the man you make us n00bs jealous. And nikhsub1 how did you get that G5, did you steal it??? I will give you the tea I am drinking for one, come on please.

nik.... dBa on the Iwaki?

perhaps you dont have that data... but in relation to others, are we talking about 650 noise? worse? quieter?

Guys the G5 is not for sale... dBa on the RD-30 is YTBD (yet to be determined) but the data sheet says 40dBa. Wide open it is loud, water noise, when restricted it is MUCH quieter. My guess is it is MD-20-30 loud which is not very. Has a low rumble to it when restricted and not at all annoying.

I wonder what the head loss is on the Storm block. I would imagine it's pretty restrictive compared to even the Cascade. What's the head rating on the RD-30?

Alacritan said:
I wonder what the head loss is on the Storm block. I would imagine it's pretty restrictive compared to even the Cascade. What's the head rating on the RD-30?
10M at 24v can be run at 26v for some more,maybe 11m or so.

Back