• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-7N400 Pro2 UDMA issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

faitdog

I installed a NEC 2500a DVD drive in my computer. When I first tried to read from it it only went at 2x speed. I checked the IDE controller and saw that it was running at UDMA2 or ATA/33. The BIOS I have is the newest version. Does anyone know how to fix this?

With no info about your computer it's going to be very hard for any one to answer your question accuratly. What I know is both of my CD/DVD drives are also running UDMA2. So I don't think that is the problem. Do you have the most current firmware for the drive? Some people over at the afterdawn forum have also been having problems with this drive. Some say updating to version 1.07 will help. Don't know what else I can tell you. But here are some questions to ask yourself. Has your cd burning software recognized your drive correctly? Are yu using 2x media?

Back