• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GA-990XA-UD3 / FX-6100 - OC Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
only downloaded recently ( last month or so)

will uninstall , download and re-install tonight .. as evey other hwmoniter i have seen has supported the fx-6100

Hey Nichy,

Can you tell me what is your max and I mean max temps for your processor please.
I have AMD 6100 and I want to buy Cooler Master 212 EVO.
Do you recommend this cooler at all?
I heard it has the same performance as Noctua D-14.

Not even. It is good but not that good. He has his temps posted in HWMonitor for maxes at his 4.0Ghz speed that is not quite stable since it is not being given quite enough Vcore.

Here is the benchmarks:

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/[primary-term]/cooler_master_hyper_212_evo_review_0

Can anyone answer my previous questions please.
I won't be overclocking it that much.
Would it have good temps at stock speeds?
I currently have only stock cooler and it is loud as it can be.

So when I have everything all set and stable, do I re-enable Cool N Quiet, Turbo, C1E, C6, and set Windows power setting back to balanced?

Thats a matter or preference. You wont be reenabling turbo, but the other can be turned back on. If your OC is totally stable across the board you will never notice a difference in performance with all the green stuff on, except for the first few seconds that you start up a heavy load while the board is kicking into high gear.

Ok one more question. I ordered a Cooler Master V8 for fx 6100 on the 990xa-ud3 mobo. Do you think a 4.4 OC will be good with this cooler?

Ok one more question. I ordered a Cooler Master V8 for fx 6100 on the 990xa-ud3 mobo. Do you think a 4.4 OC will be good with this cooler?

I doubt it. That's not a bad cooler but you could have done better for the same money. Besides, 4.4 may be asking a lot out of any air cooler for that CPU.

Hey Nichy,

Can you tell me what is your max and I mean max temps for your processor please.
I have AMD 6100 and I want to buy Cooler Master 212 EVO.
Do you recommend this cooler at all?
I heard it has the same performance as Noctua D-14.

That's the funniest thing I've read in a long time.

Well I actually just found the answer to my question. yes, the V8 cooler will be great for 4.4. This other guy uses an fx-8120 with the cooler and the clock at 4.7 :p

Well I actually just found the answer to my question. yes, the V8 cooler will be great for 4.4. This other guy uses an fx-8120 with the cooler and the clock at 4.7 :p

Are your other components the same as his? Overclocking level depends on a great many things in addition to cooling:

1. Quality of the motherboard, particularly it's power phase rating: 4+1, 8+2, etc.
2. Quality of the PSU. Does it supply clean, steady power?
3. Case design and ventilation. Does the case design and it's fans do a good job of removing hot air from the case?
4. The CPU itself. Every CPU turned out differs from the others, even within the same product line and model number. You can buy five different 6100 CPUs and you will likely find that none of the will overclock to the same level as the others on the same voltage when all other ingredients are the same. There are always differences in the manufacturing process and the purity of the silicone used, etc. that make for this variation.

But the thing I'm most skeptical of is someone claiming to have overclocked a 6100 FX to 4.7 on a CM V8. Do you know if that is a truly stable overclock or just stable enough to boot into Windows or run a couple of benchmarks? Do you know if that CPU at 4.7 ghz could pass a Prime95 blend test for at least 2 hrs.?

Ok so i have been following instructions off of this thread. I have my pictures ready for you all to check :D Here they are while running Prime95 with an overclock at 4.0Ghz

Attachments

• CPU-Z.PNG
    CPU-Z.PNG
    41.5 KB · Views: 111
  • HWMonitor.PNG
    HWMonitor.PNG
    21.4 KB · Views: 114
SPEETHER, please create a "Sig" so that your system component information travels with every post you make. To create a Sig, click on Quick Links at the top of the page and then click on "Edit Signature". We want make and model info about CPU, CPU cooler, motherboard, ram, PSU (+ wattage) and case. The Sig travels with every post you make and gives at glance necessary info to those helping you. Just to give the component info once somewhere in a thread is not effective. It gets lost and forgotten.

And please start your own thread rather than hijacking the OP's.

All right, I made my sig (im new to this site/havent used a website that uses these so called "threads" XD) and you said I need to make my own thread? How do I link you to my thread after I make it?

All right, I made my sig (im new to this site/havent used a website that uses these so called "threads" XD) and you said I need to make my own thread? How do I link you to my thread after I make it?

Go to the main section page for CPUs>AMD CPUs. Look in the bar that also has Digg and Tweet buttons bout a third of the way down the page. Click on Forum Tools next to Tweet and choose Post a New Thread from the drop box. Anyone, including me, can then interact with you in the thread.

Back