• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Galax HOF and how do I get one in the US?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
If you dont post a pic of your rig when its done+good cable management, Ill kill you.

Jk but pls post a pic of your rig when its done :).

If you dont post a pic of your rig when its done+good cable management, Ill kill you.

Jk but pls post a pic of your rig when its done :).

Cable management is built in to this case. It is clean inside. Visible wiring: One GPU cable, water pump (on chip) to mobo fan header, one wire to the other top fan header for the radiator fans. About two inches of PWM wiring and the GPU cable, which goes straight out from the grommet on the mobo panel about one inch below the level of the GPU card-just enough to curl the connector up to the card. HDD, SSD, and cabling there are invisible. Temporary ODD wires, two 1" SATA cables and a couple inches of ATX cable. Oh, and the two water lines. It's a mess now and it's still clean. LOL I'm going to pick up a cheap camera and get some good pics when I get the HOF card in it, with some final cleaning up of the wiring. All that white sort of demands everything be tidy. :) I'm even starting to think about a PSU with individual wires (mine has black, flat cabling) and white sleeving. It's an addiction I tell ya'!

Cause its white and has a crown? :p

Im sure it is faster, but still think it won't fetch a large premium over the 'gamer' ssd we reviewed though... keep us posted.

Nah, I checked the speeds. It is a little faster for writes and IOPS. Not a lot, but some. And it's bigger than the one tested. And yeah, it's white and has a crown. LMAO. The pricing in the OC review (good job, BTW!) was a surprise. They have some good numbers there. Since the SSD isn't visible with my case I can skip the HOF looks, but Galax' pricing is really good. Although, the case did come with an extra SSD mount I can put anywhere, and the HOF drive looks good..... This is probably my last high(er) end build. I'd like it to be something special. I also still have to upgrade the cooling. What I have seems to work OK, but white hard tubing and red fittings could be nice. This is never going to end, is it? Why didn't somebody warn me!?

Cable management is built in to this case. It is clean inside. Visible wiring: One GPU cable, water pump (on chip) to mobo fan header, one wire to the other top fan header for the radiator fans. About two inches of PWM wiring and the GPU cable, which goes straight out from the grommet on the mobo panel about one inch below the level of the GPU card-just enough to curl the connector up to the card. HDD, SSD, and cabling there are invisible. Temporary ODD wires, two 1" SATA cables and a couple inches of ATX cable. Oh, and the two water lines. It's a mess now and it's still clean. LOL I'm going to pick up a cheap camera and get some good pics when I get the HOF card in it, with some final cleaning up of the wiring. All that white sort of demands everything be tidy. :) I'm even starting to think about a PSU with individual wires (mine has black, flat cabling) and white sleeving. It's an addiction I tell ya'!

Nah, I checked the speeds. It is a little faster for writes and IOPS. Not a lot, but some. And it's bigger than the one tested. And yeah, it's white and has a crown. LMAO. The pricing in the OC review (good job, BTW!) was a surprise. They have some good numbers there. Since the SSD isn't visible with my case I can skip the HOF looks, but Galax' pricing is really good. Although, the case did come with an extra SSD mount I can put anywhere, and the HOF drive looks good..... This is probably my last high(er) end build. I'd like it to be something special. I also still have to upgrade the cooling. What I have seems to work OK, but white hard tubing and red fittings could be nice. This is never going to end, is it? Why didn't somebody warn me!?

:rofl: Dont worry itll end soon :)
Maybe try to make a custom loop? Itll be much better than any AIO in the same pricerange and itll look better :p

It will have to end soon-I'll run out of money! Honestly, the GTX 1070 will be the last real performance upgrade. And with a 1080p display it should rip through games. A GTX 1080 would be bragging rights but my little pixels would get whiplash. I've gotten so nuts that Amazon Prime's free shipping is starting to pay for itself and then some. I have planned a cooling system upgrade from the beginning. My current AIO was to get the rig up and running, and I still have to replace the airbrush an ex in law stole. A white radiator might go well with the theme. The top grill would probably benefit from being white, with the latticed support under the grill being a nice red. A little white paint on the fan frames, keeping the red blades, and I'm almost there. See? It never ends.

It will have to end soon-I'll run out of money! Honestly, the GTX 1070 will be the last real performance upgrade. And with a 1080p display it should rip through games. A GTX 1080 would be bragging rights but my little pixels would get whiplash. I've gotten so nuts that Amazon Prime's free shipping is starting to pay for itself and then some. I have planned a cooling system upgrade from the beginning. My current AIO was to get the rig up and running, and I still have to replace the airbrush an ex in law stole. A white radiator might go well with the theme. The top grill would probably benefit from being white, with the latticed support under the grill being a nice red. A little white paint on the fan frames, keeping the red blades, and I'm almost there. See? It never ends.

Dont worry :)
If i could i wouldve helped you :).

Thats my cable management.
IMG-20160805-WA0000.jpg

For a first time i think its pretty good :p

How is the new graphics card working out?

Really good! Im overclocking it a little too.
One of the fans is noisy but errything else is good! Im a little mad and dissapointed that it doesnt support freesync :/

Alaric, When the parts arrive build the PC with your dauther:) teach her how to build a PC and other related stuff.

And dont toss her old PC!

She doesn't have an old PC. When her case arrives we're going to strip the parts from my old case, clean all the dust out, and build it in her new case. We've already gone over enough that she can assemble a pile of loose parts on the coffee table and get it to POST. This will be her first build actually in a case and with liquid cooling. Her current computer is a Chromebook. LOL

She doesn't have an old PC. When her case arrives we're going to strip the parts from my old case, clean all the dust out, and build it in her new case. We've already gone over enough that she can assemble a pile of loose parts on the coffee table and get it to POST. This will be her first build actually in a case and with liquid cooling. Her current computer is a Chromebook. LOL

Good job! ;)
Teach her about how the components work too, What is better and why and is it worth it.
Try to get her benching too :p

Yup. She doesn't get to install a part unless she knows what it is and what it does. She wants to "hot rod" stuff. I used to take her to work with me on Saturdays. She understands (and can diagnose and repair) carburetors, brakes, and knows the proper application of all bearing types. She seems to have a natural aptitude for the things I have to work at. Great time to be alive for me. :)

Yup. She doesn't get to install a part unless she knows what it is and what it does. She wants to "hot rod" stuff. I used to take her to work with me on Saturdays. She understands (and can diagnose and repair) carburetors, brakes, and knows the proper application of all bearing types. She seems to have a natural aptitude for the things I have to work at. Great time to be alive for me. :)

Woooooo thats awesome! :clap:
I bet youre the happiest guy in the world when youre with your daughter :)

Maybe you two should learn how to build a custom loop together? Thatll be cool :)
Also you should make a video of you and your daughter building both of your PCs :p

Oh and you should give her the r7 240 to hot rod! Find compatible VRAM chips and maybe upgrade the core itself to a r7 250 (Same as 240 but with unlocked streamprocessors, So it should work).

Last edited:
I bet youre the happiest guy in the world when youre with your daughter

Very much so. I couldn't have done better if I designed her from scratch. Oh, wait a minute, I did design her from scratch! :rofl:

Back