• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeForce 4 VIVO function

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yah, i use it some, works pretty nice if you ask me. I dont have any prior expreience with VIVO, but im happy with it. I dont use the output much, but i have done quite a bit of capturing from my digital video camera with it.

The quality is very good. I usually tell people when they ask that if your going to capture, edit, and put on VHS, you do not lose quality.

This is of course not a card for professional videographers, but I think you know that.

I can capture at 720x480 (it's the max) using a MJPEG codec. If I'm say capturing to Divx to conserve space, I can only capture at 320x240. However my video computer is quite a slow compared to newer computers (800mhz athlon, 512mb SDRam). My other computer can capture to Divx at full resolution with no problem.

I just stick with MJPEG Lossless though.

Zuck Gou :) said:
The quality is very good. I usually tell people when they ask that if your going to capture, edit, and put on VHS, you do not lose quality.

BAM......you answered my question perfectly. Thanks alot. I was looking to do just that.

I use an adapter that takes your left and right audio channels (composite) to a 1/8th sound jack that plugs into my line-in on my SB Live!

Radioshack should have one.

Oh and Slipknot, if your doing that, definately use 640x480 resolution.

Back