• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geforce or Radeon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
a regular 8500 128mb is as fast as a ti4200 already. 8500 is at 275/275 and the ti4200 64mb is 250/250. you should just get a 8500 le which is at 250/250 and overclock it to regular 8500 speeds or higher

Hmm the age old debate...... yet ATI's always been there.

Let's lay out the details :

....................NVIDIA................ATI

DRIVERS ---- X ------------

PERFORMANCE- EQUAL

OCability ---- ------------ X
(My opinion - I'm working with staples to OC my card.... so im OCing on a budget :p

SPACE ------- ----------- X
(Everything is much slimmer and easier to overhang with a bigger Heatsink/Fan combo. Nvidia is much like a jigsaw puzzle)

HEAT --------- ------------ X
(MUCH MUCH MUCH LESS HEAT LET OUT)

Any other point we can put out?

I am an ATI fanatic, much led on by Wraith (know each other iRL) and i have lived on both sides of this debate... but i see the light is much brighter on the ATI side.

Chan said:
Wait for the 9500 Pro!

yep that will be my next card and the 8500 may become a backup unless I get an AIW 7500 for editing in second machine

cisco kid

I am Most def getting a 9500, with Dx 9 support and at about the price of a 4200 with more power than a 4600, how can you loose? and with the much better 2d preformance and image quality of ATI, there is no reason not to buy one!

Back