• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GeforceFX 5900 Ultra Pictures ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
OC Noob said:

Thats good to know. Anand usually does a pretty good job. I was wondering why he wouldn't use the 3.2s.

At HardOCP, they noticed the problems also, and tried the 3.2's and found it onlt registered as a 128mb 9800 Pro. They used that for their testing though since with the 3.4's all they got was 10fps no matter what the settings...no more and no less

Evnas said:

Well, without the 3.4's, all you have is a 128mb 9800 Pro because the 3.2's dont detect the other 128mb

Well it would prob still be better because the extra 128megs doesnt really help it that much in most tests :p

I think when it comes to speed with most things, the 5900 U is in the lead, but when it comes down to pixel shaders and vertex shaders the still 9800 ownz... This is indeed highlited with Hard OCPs splinter cell benchmark, its worth the read.

I think the attributes the 9800 win at the moment are going to be the more imporant features in the future as pixel shaders become more complex and evolve, yeah you can have super high detail textures, but they take gigs of HD space and when looking at them close up still dont look that good but pixel shaders are almost like fractals in the way that they can be infinitly more detailed the closer you look (I think...) and take very little HD space.

Back