• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Geil PC2 6400

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
gigabit said:
LOL sorry. But im totally happy with this ram.When my OCZ's get back from rma i think im just gonna keep these and sell the OCZ.But you alread have awesome ram.Why would you want these?

Because I'm a ram junkie :)

-Collin-

gigabit said:
Not a DDR2 version of reefa_madness?:beer: That made no sense...lol

Honestly though, I've been looking to replace my corsair 1gb d9 fat bodies. I want 2gb and I don't want to spend a fortune and these look perfect.

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Honestly though, I've been looking to replace my corsair 1gb d9 fat bodies. I want 2gb and I don't want to spend a fortune and these look perfect.

-Collin-

Yeah for $129.99+$4.99 S/H i dont think this deal can be beat.And this stuff tamed my DS3.I was ready to replace this board but i might keep it a bit longer now.I really want a Abit Quad GT or the DFI 965P-S but i might wait on that a little while now.I wanna see if i can improve the memory bench mark scores of this board.I get really low Everest and Sandra ram bench scores.In Everests latency bench mark im only getting 64.9ns were other guys running there ram and cpus slower are getting 49ns and lower.Heck my DFI Ultra D and 165 opty beat this system in that benchmark.And 1m Super PI's in the 18 second range.:bang head

Last edited:
gigabit said:
Yeah for $129.99+$4.99 S/H i dont think this deal can be beat.And this stuff tamed my DS3.I was ready to replace this board but i might keep it a bit longer now.I really want a Abit Quad GT or the DFI 965P-S but i might wait on that a little while now.I wanna see if i can improve the memory bench mark scores of this board.I get really low Everest and Sandra ram bench scores.In Everests latency bench mark im only getting 64.9ns were is guys running there ram and cpus slower are getting 49ns and lower.Heck my DFI Ultra D and 165 opty beat this system in that benchmark.And 1m Super PI's in the 18 second range.:bang head

Well, I'll sell you a new Quad GT when mine comes back from RMA. I don't even think I'm going to open the package :)

Thanks for the heads up on this ram. Appreciate it.

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Well, I'll sell you a new Quad GT when mine comes back from RMA. I don't even think I'm going to open the package :)

Thanks for the heads up on this ram. Appreciate it.

-Collin-

No problem glad i could help

Neural Net said:
I've got Geil DDR800 C4 rated for 2.3v. Currently I've got this stuff running at 860Mhz C5.

Btw, which is correct, the Part Number of the Max Bandwidth???

cpuzxd6.jpg

PC2 4300 is DDR2 5300 same as DDR400 is PC3200 .Dont quote me on this but i read some where that all DDR2 is just higher binned PC2 4300

I'm dying to know...is DDR1000 the max this ram can do for you? Have you opened up the timings a bit and seen if it can go further?

-Collin-

I havent tried any higher.But Ill give it a shot and see what i can hit.Well it looks like 1100 is it with 5-6-6-15 timings.All at 2.3v.Screen shot of DDR2 1066 5-6-6-15.I dont think 1066 or 1100 is bad for DDr2 800.Once i have my OCZ's back ill push it harder.Maybe 2.5 or 2.6v i think this board does 2.6v

Attachments

• 1066.JPG
    1066.JPG
    58.6 KB · Views: 232
Last edited:
Ok i had it at DDR2 1100 but comp started freaking out..lol My Z5300e's started sqealing and screen kept locking up.I couldnt even get a screen shot.That was at 5-6-6-18 2.4v .Right now its running perfect at DDR2 1080 5-6-6-18 and .2.3v.Maybe if i sneak up on it i can hit 1100 .But either way im impressed with 1080 stable from $129 ram

Attachments

• uyti.JPG
    uyti.JPG
    114.7 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Nah I just wanted to see what the ram would do.I usally run it 400x8 and DDR2 1000 4-4-4-12.My cpu dead stops at 3.5ghz and i need 1.55v and my H/S cant handle anything more than 1.425v. before my temps start getting way up there unless i crank up my exhaust fan which lets me run About 1.5v before my temp get to high but man i cant take the noise..lol See my exhaust fan is right be hind my H/S and the two together work great.I was putting everything together in that pic thats why there is no exhaust fan.I had a delta SHE 141 cfm in once and man my cpu never went over 45c no matter what voltage i used..lol

Last edited:
Yeah, I hate that fan noise too. Back in the Athlon XP days I had the Vantec Tornado 92mm on my 1700+ and it sounded like a 747 taking off in my bedroom. I decided I'd save the 100mhz and be able to sleep at night :)

-Collin-

NinjaZX6R said:
Yeah, I hate that fan noise too. Back in the Athlon XP days I had the Vantec Tornado 92mm on my 1700+ and it sounded like a 747 taking off in my bedroom. I decided I'd save the 100mhz and be able to sleep at night :)

-Collin-
Oh my god i had a Thermaltake Polo 735 and that thing sounded like a 747 on take off but was a dam good cooler.When i switched to the XP 120 and 120mm delta i only lost 2c ..

Last edited:
Back