• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Glossy Screen Monitor Help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hishman

Registered
Hello everyone after my first build I am now in the process of buying my first monitor. While my 50" tv is great its certainly an eye strain viewing from 3 feet away. I went ahead and bought this

Acer G276HLDbd

I only assumed it had a glossy screen. I was very disappointed to find that it was a matte finish screen and a very matte finish at that. The screen felt like sand paper and everything looked "dull and grainy" I will be calling newegg tmrw and requesting a full refund as the description said nothing about an anti-glare screen. I have a friend who likes matte screens and would be happy to buy it for 200$ which is what i would get after new eggs 36 dollar restocking fee. I would also have to pay return shipping.

I am pretty dead set on a high gloss screen. I love how the reflectiveness makes things look "wet" and I generally like over saturated colors. I have black out curtains and usually my room is theater room dark 95% of the time so the tradeoff between image quality and reflectiveness is not worth it at all for me.

Here are some of my requirements
Must have:
-1080p
-23-27 inch
-high gloss finish
-sub 250$ price (may go more if necessary)

Things I would like
-High contrast
-Vivid colors

Things Im not too worried about
-Above 60hz
-Insane response time (The the sub 10ms claims are for black/white not color anyway)
-crappy stand (I see people mention this but seriously as long as my screen doesn't fall over it serves its purpose)

The problem is on newegg it says nothing about screen finish so its really hard to find glossy monitors. So is there anyone here who has a glossy screen they really like? I've only found two, what do you guys think about them?

Dell S2340M

Dell S2340L

Here is another thing I found while researching. Manufacturers are using sort of a semi-gloss finish. I believe my TV has this as is doesn't appear "wet" like my laptop but it doesn't feel matte to the touch. I wasn't able to find a monitor with this option

Last edited:
I went ahead and got the 2340m and am very pleased with it. Thanks for the advice!

Back