• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good Case????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

NcBaller1985

I have been looking for stylish case to put my new system in. I was origanally going to go with the new Cooler Master Wave Master case, but since I am going to be air cooling my system, the Wave Master doesn't look like a good option. To much restricted airflow, not enough fans, etc. So I have been looking around and I am considering THIS case. I know that EVERYONE has one and it kinda limits any "origanal" mod ideas i had, but the cooling performance looks to be in the top of it's class. I am just thinking I can go with the Wave Master case whenever I go to water cooling.

I just wanted to hear any thoughts, maybe some mod ideas for this case, or maybe a linky to a better case. Thanks. :D

I never liked the chieftec/antec cases untill my wife went out and bought one for her new rig. There so easy to work on with the snap-in fan mounts and the removable 3 1/2" dirve cages. Plus there's alot of room behind the mobo tray for hiding wires. I personaly would get one without a window and design my own, but it's a good looking case as is.

My idea for her case was to rework the drive bays so a 120mm fan would fit under the hard drive cage. The plan is to cut out the bottom 5 1/4" bay and move the 3 1/2" cages up about 2". She only has one DVD-RW drive, so one out of four 5 1/4" bays would not be missed. The case would still look stock from the front and have better airflow with less noise.

Good idea with the 120mm fan but I need ALL 4 of the 5-1/4" bays and BOTH of the 3-1/2". If I get the case I will see what I can do with front fan though. Thanks for the idea.

Thanks vonkaar. Only problem is I can't ever find a design that I like enough to put on MY personal case. I do etchings for all my friends and I do some just for the hell of it, but I can't ever find a DAMN design for my own case. It's really said. I guess I could take all my old etchings and just have a new one on my case every week or something...hehe. :D

I'm too picky about my PC and everything has to be PERFECT. If any of you have a design that you think might tickle my fancy...then let me see it!

have you looked at the tribal dragons that some members' sister did? theres one that looks all cool and has an AMD logo but i dont think that would appeal to you :-/
anyway check those out, theyre really good

Yeah, I thought about that. I would have get permession to use them though...more out of respect for those awsome designs then anything.

The case I seem to be recommending the most these days is the Antec SLK3700AMB. Its not as easy to work on as my Lian-Li but its still a nice case to work on. I think its very stylish,although bit more conservative than alot of the cases I have seen. The paintjob on it is very slick ;) I love the 120mm fan mounts too(the thing that first attracted me to this case). The HD grommets are also awesome.

I also reccomend getting the version without a window, not because of looks but because the way that they mount it causes the fan in the window to have VERY bad vibration noise. That is about the only reason that I am getting rid of mine and going for something new.

Well there is the big brother to that case with 6 x 5.25" external, 2 x 3.5" FDD external, 6 x 3.5" internal bays and 3 x 8cm front case fan, 2 x 8cm rear fan, 1 x 9cm rear fan above PSU here is the section in directron that list them all http://store.yahoo.com/directron/chieftecfull.html
PS they come stock with no side window but it dose have a side fan on most and they are for the most part steel not Aluminum also watch the shipping as the small steel case weighs in at 27lb with out a PSU so these guys must be 30-35lb

Sorry for the delay...went through a hurricane!!! I don't want a monster case though. I won't ever have 6hd anyway!!! The Antec is nice...but not my taste. I am sure I could do something about the side window fan being loud...can't be that hard to fix.

Think more along the lines of plenty of room for a pump large heater core and thats with just one of the 3 drive bay holders taken out. Witch leaves you 5 or 1 floppy and 4 HDDs ;) so when you look at it that way its not that big more like just right... well as long as you don't plan on LAN party's out side of your room

I am purchasing this case next week to build a system for a family member.

LINKY

THe only thing I don't really like is the chrome in the front. I think that plastic chrome looks cheesy but it could be painted. I just really like the built in handle.

Also have you visited THESE guys before? I think they sell some of the best cases around.

THis is where I bought my first case that I later modded. They build some nice stuff.

Good Luck!

BTW,

I know for a while Directron was selling case "frames" without or with face panels. That would be kind of fun for a custom job. I don't know if they still are selling them.

Back