• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Google in 20th place!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
is that because of the toolbar?? if so, did anyone figure out how to send the results elsewhere??

NASsoccer said:
is that because of the toolbar?? if so, did anyone figure out how to send the results elsewhere??

We could write a Team32 virus that would change the team number in the google toolbar to 32 and then eat itself ;)

Ploaf said:

We could write a Team32 virus that would change the team number in the google toolbar to 32 and then eat itself ;)

haha, that could be one way to go around it:D i was just thinking it would be so easy to get some more computers at work to get folding if a hack was possible.

NASsoccer said:

haha, that could be one way to go around it:D i was just thinking it would be so easy to get some more computers at work to get folding if a hack was possible.

The Google toolbar is one of my favorite browser plugins. I'm wondering if it's the same for a lot of people. I was thinking that it may be possible to create a client.cfg with a generic name and no ID# but set to team 32 and just copy it. Does the toolbar use the same type of client.cfg for the client that it runs?
If so you could slip it on a floppy and throw it on all the machines running the toolbar.

Ploaf said:

The Google toolbar is one of my favorite browser plugins. I'm wondering if it's the same for a lot of people. I was thinking that it may be possible to create a client.cfg with a generic name and no ID# but set to team 32 and just copy it. Does the toolbar use the same type of client.cfg for the client that it runs?
If so you could slip it on a floppy and throw it on all the machines running the toolbar.

C:\Program Files\GoogleDCC

Just alter client.cfg ;)

Gandalf said:
How would you know if your Google bar was folding? Or trying to fold?

You have to download an addon and then specifically use the menu option 'start folding'.

awesome then. i just got about 10 more computers folding then:) i know it isn't 24/7 but they wouldn't let my install the client:(

Is the Google Toolbar client still in beta? I'm curious because they are gaining ground very quickly and we may have to brace ourselves for the Google onslaught that may happen when they blow past everyone.

NASsoccer- I like your thinking. I was thinking the same thing. :)
We still have to be careful to stay out of trouble but if it's already there then there is no sense in letting the wu's go to Google when the client can easily be reconfigured to send the credit our way. :cool:

Rezman5 said:
If we had that many members activly folding, we would be WAY ahead. we are pretty damn good for only have like 280 active members!!!

Yeah but our forum has like 16,000 members. WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE HOOK UP YOUR F'N MACHINES AND FOLD!!!!!!

Matthew1001 said:

Yeah but our forum has like 16,000 members. WHY DON'T YOU PEOPLE HOOK UP YOUR F'N MACHINES AND FOLD!!!!!!

I don't know the answer to that question. Maybe they don't think that they will grow old or run into the problems that this project is trying to help find cures for.:rolleyes: What I can't figure is why people on our team in the 500-2000 point range quit folding.:(

Back