• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PCB manufacturing of routers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I worked in a place like that for about a year, ran an smt line a few times but mostly ran selective solder machine where you put parts on a board and fed it into a machine but quit because it was during the height of the chip shortage and I didn't care to spend 12 hour shifts standing around doing nothing.

The place I worked at I started on the stuff line (placing through hole parts in boards) before they go in the wave solder machine then over the years moved up to test operator -> test tech -> test engineering tech, took 10 years.

I only got stuck on a wave line if someone didn't show up or left early, I hated it mostly cause these were the boards I had to assemble along with 1 other person on the line, they had all these fixtures to hold parts in place and they got optically inspected and if some of the fixtures were darker than others it would be enough to trigger the camera and stop the line, when they would get behind on testing and final inspection I would get stuck standing like a statue and putting all of them blade fuses in and then testing them before bolting them into a clam shell. Every 8 hours they would shut the line down and do full disassembly and clean up of the wave. It def wasn't something I liked doing and I have nothing but respect for the regulars who worked on them boards day after day for weeks at a time.

Attachments

• A0adef6cecefb447bb98685dcfd68c3f2S.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.jpg
    A0adef6cecefb447bb98685dcfd68c3f2S.jpg_640x640Q90.jpg_.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 4
Back