• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Got my cooling gear together

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hawkeye4242

Registered
I have a brand new watercooling setup. A 156W pelt on the chip, custom waterblock (know a CNC machinist), 3 72W pelts between an aluminum and a copper waterblock, a 200 GPH pump, a bypass valve, and an evaporative coil out of a 84 Chevy. The pelts are powered by a 14.8V/45A PS for an RV charger. (I have and extra if anyone wants to buy one). My question for anyone who cares to chime in today: Do I go with an OC AMD XP, or a P4 Northwood? Motherboard suggestions? Right now I'm debating a BD7-Raid with a 1.6A or 1.8A vs an Epox 8K3A+ with an XP 1600. Given the above cooling (or any suggestions), is the Intel system going to be worth the extra $80-$100? Thanks for ideas, I'm buying this evening. You're all swell :D

Personaly i would go with a XP and save your self a little cash. But i guess that would depend on wether you are an AMD or an Intel fan.

Back