• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU Folding problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Could someone tell me how to force the 3D clocks? I'm not familiar with ATI drivers/programs. I have always run nVidia cards in the past.

Ok, to force 3D clocks, I use ATI-Tool, it has an option that when the application is open, it forces the 3d clocks, if that doesnt work, there is a "3D View" button with it that will open a little fuzzy die screen and it'll sit there and rotate. So, try that, ATI Tool, little application.

I downloaded ATI Tray Tools but I am only seeing the 2D clocks. I can't seem to find where to change them to 3D.

untitled1copymw5.jpg

The tools (IDK about tray tool, but ATITool) will automatically engage 3d clocks on startup....what are your times per frame now? That should be the greatest indicator.

dz_jad said:
The tools (IDK about tray tool, but ATITool) will automatically engage 3d clocks on startup....what are your times per frame now? That should be the greatest indicator.

It will if you set it up to do it.

I like to manually set the oc's myself so i can adjust the profile if necessary.

I primarily use ATITool for my gpu oc'ing.

Here is a nice tutorial that i used when i first started gpu folding back in sept

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=gethowto&howtoID=61

There are others out there ... just google ATITool and guide.

I played with ati tray tools a bit at the beginning but ended up using atitool. Have also used riva tuneer when i was experimenting with multi gpu's on 1 rig. There is also aticlk.

dz_jad said:
My time per frame has gone down to 8 minutes per frame since I turned off one CPU console.

pscout said:
It will if you set it up to do it.

I like to manually set the oc's myself so i can adjust the profile if necessary.

I primarily use ATITool for my gpu oc'ing.

Here is a nice tutorial that i used when i first started gpu folding back in sept

http://www.madshrimps.be/?action=gethowto&howtoID=61

There are others out there ... just google ATITool and guide.

I played with ati tray tools a bit at the beginning but ended up using atitool. Have also used riva tuneer when i was experimenting with multi gpu's on 1 rig. There is also aticlk.
Thanks for that article. I remember seeing that a long time ago but totally forgot about it. I'll read through that and make the necessary changes so I can get this GPU overclocked and FOLDing.

Now with my x1900XTX @ 675/800 I am getting 6 minute frames. Thanks again for all the help. Perhaps eventually I will try out the whole VMWare thing but for now this is fine.

Back