• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GPU waterblock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jeppe

Registered
I am plannig to make a GPU waterblock in aluminium because I dont need anything extreme only quite. Will an extra waterblock higer my CPU temps?? Do you recomend any changes

[img="[URL]http://w1.876.telia.com/~u87617453/B.jpg[/URL]"]

Personally, I dont reccomend a waterblock on a GPU in the first place, it is a complete waste of money, you would get around the same results by putting a light Socket462 HSF on it.

the design look fine, in an M$ paint kindof way :)

If you aren't after the highest oc speed and lowest temp, you should be fine with this.
But you WILL raise your cpu temp. In order not to, you would need a sepparate system sharing only the water reservoir with the rest. so the gpu has it´s own radiator and all. in any other way your cpu temps will go a bit higher. but if you have descent temps, you should be fine.

Any other comments?

Bad Maniac (Jul 23, 2001 05:48 p.m.):
But you WILL raise your cpu temp. In order not to, you would need a sepparate system sharing only the water reservoir with the rest. so the gpu has it´s own radiator and all. in any other way your cpu temps will go a bit higher. but if you have descent temps, you should be fine.

Any other comments?

Actually if he used a Y splitter and a decent radiator, you shouldnt notice a difference!

Could you explain that Y split for my where do I put it.

Jeppe (Jul 24, 2001 04:04 a.m.):
Could you explain that Y split for my where do I put it.

Basically, your CPU waterblock and your GPU waterblock will do better if they both received fresh water at the same time rather than having the water, warmed after passing through the CPU, pass through your GPU. A Y-connecter/splitter before and after both the waterblocks :
[pre]
_______[CPU]____
-------->-----------I I-------------->
I_______[GPU]____I
[/pre]

rather than:
[pre]

------->------[CPU]----->-------[GPU]---------->
[/pre]

Back