• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

gtx 980 353.62

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dpg3456

hello,

After the recent driver update i could no longer hold my oc on my gpu. So i want to install an older driver, more specifically 353.62 however when i go to install it, it says unsupported hardware or something along those lines.

What driver should i be using if this one doesnt work?

Apparently the driver that is supported by this card is 365.10. sorry for wasting thread space.

Okay actually I just tried 4 different drivers with the same result. It says unsupported graphics hardware. How can i get these drivers to install?

Okay well i got it to install. Using this driver 365.10. Hopefully i can get some nicer clocks. Whats the best way to stress test a gpu? I noticed OCCT has a gpu stress test, is that any good?

Problem is that ive had oc pass heaven but fail in game. THere is no better one?

You could run 3dmark Firestrike or Timespy. If you have the paid version you can crank the settings up and have it loop. I normally recommend heaven cranked to the max settings and looped, one reason I recommend is it is free.

Okay so every time i uninstall and delete the new driver, i restart the computer and it automatically installs the new driver without me telling it. How do i stop this, its very hard to install an old driver when the new one keeps installing itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Do i have to uninstall geforce experience to stop this?

This is a "Feature" of Windows 10. To disable automatic driver updates followed the below link. After doing that check your settings in geforce experience and make sure it is not set to auto update as well.

http://m.winsupersite.com/windows-10/stop-automatic-driver-updates-windows-10

Be aware that if you ever update geforce experience you will want to check the update settings again as sometimes a new install will change this back to auto update.

Okay fair enough. Ill delete the program and use heaven.
Sorry, I didn't communicate the jest well enough. :/

Do you have any games that have a benchmark built-in, like tomb raider? You could try running those at max settings if heaven still isn't providing a good test. Also there is the valley one they put out. That seemed to get my RX480 nice and warm.

All good. And yeah, I have a bunch of games but ill probably use bf4. Ill also download the new valley. give it a shot too. but i really like the bf4 idea, ill give that

Back