• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Guess what the beeping stands for!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

It_The_Cow

My computer will not boot today. All it does is beep (long higher pitched beep... long lower pitched beep...). The power led just turns on and off. I've tried reseating the video card, reseating the RAM in vairous combinations, and reseating the CPU. The board is a 440BX Bistar M6TBA. I've bought a stick of RAM to see if it is the RAM, but I am reluctant to open it unless I am positively sure it is indeed the RAM. That way, I will not have any problem s returning it. Any guesses? I personally think it may be the CPU

I also may think it is the CPU.

When I had my P3B-F it made the same type of sound when I turned it on without the CPU in there.

So my best guess is that make sure that the CPU is seated properly and see if you can get another CPU and try iy in there.:D

Never had a board that has given me beep codes for a bad processor yet. Bad CPUs have always powered up, but nothing else for me personally.

AGP, I believe, is drawn out continuous beeping so I would think it'd be memory. Any way you can check the manufacturer's website for beep codes for that board?

Yes it is your cpu.Mine did that yesterday"After I tryed to juice it up a "little"to much".Put a new cpu and it works fine.The old one was toast.I MEAN burnt.You could see the bubbles on the chip.:mad:

That's the thing with mine. I never tried to overclock it when it happened. I merely took it out, put in the URM I had just got, popped it back in, and beeeeep, beeeeeep. There's no visual damage (from what I saw), not even on the core, and nothing smelled burnt. If it's the MB, I'm going to be mad

It_The_Cow said:
Yep. Still no go. The monitor doesn't even come on

Biostar M6TBA with AWARD BIOS

The beeping alternates between high and low pitches

My video was ackward. It was like one stalling beep, then like a few repetative beeps..

Mr wizard is right high/low is CPU.

Might want to check the IDE cables, may sound strage, but if a cable of mine isn't all the way plugged in or something is wrong with any of my IDEs, my computer won't even post. ALmost the same thing your getting but I doubt this is your problem.

It turns out it was the CPU. I still haven't figured out how I could have killed it, though. Static electricity maybe? Oh well

It_The_Cow said:
It turns out it was the CPU. I still haven't figured out how I could have killed it, though. Static electricity maybe? Oh well

If there is no physical damage to the CPU you could RMA it?

Back