• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Has anyone of u crushed the core of the 1600+ ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Valk said:
I watched my palomino mp 1.2 catch fire.

Über~PhLuBB said:

You want to explain that a little more? Or why you had an oil-soaked rag near your CPU?

There's nothing that CAN catch flame anywhere near the die. Just metal and ceramics, neither of which is flammable. Your chip would get hot enough to melt it's own die traces, then the motherboard would shut down. There's no way it could get hot enough to melt anything.

So I call your bluff!

SHINNANNIGANS! SHINNANNIGANS!

Hey...maybe he got the chip from Jimi Hendrix....:D

Never had a problem with my 1600XP, or my Duron's. I take the HS off all of the time. I do use a shim now on all of my CPU's, I think they work well to protect the CPU.?

Hmmm

I chipped the crap out of my old AFFA stepping 800 tbird (which still does 1ghz @1.8) and my AYHJA 1.4 (which does 1644) :) Lucky me. But I have managed to kill my old mobo: an Epox 8KHA. (non plus)

there is one thing i cant understand , i mean how the hell do you chip your cpu i have burn them ,fry them ,overvolt them but chip them never

ataxy said:
there is one thing i cant understand , i mean how the hell do you chip your cpu i have burn them ,fry them ,overvolt them but chip them never

They're usually chipped when using waterblocks and overtightening the hold down clamps.

dont ask :mad: it still works too :) it just needed a vacation to relax. Must have been traumatic.

I'm getting a watercooling setup soon, and I'm starting to get worried from these comments. Don't the blocks attack similarly as a heatsink? People are mentioning four attachment screws, and I guess you are supposed to put them on the holes around the cpu on the motherboard. Is'nt there some kind of way to know when it's tight enough? (without presision tools)

well I made a mistake, I tried to mount the thing (the 4 hole way) without any springs, so I couldn't even see when it was tight enough. When you use the springs you just have to leave the spring a few mm of space to be able to "play", with springs you can feel when you're over tightning

i chipped my first core a few days ago! it wasnt mine tho :) my friend "stores" his computer at my house, since we have a T1 line. I was seeing how well my water cooling would work on his xp, and i gave it a couple too many turns like the others here who have crushed their cores. I stuck a spare tbird 900 in there, and now im waiting before he notices to replace it, since prices are always dropping :)

Deus said:
i chipped my first core a few days ago! it wasnt mine tho :) my friend "stores" his computer at my house, since we have a T1 line. I was seeing how well my water cooling would work on his xp, and i gave it a couple too many turns like the others here who have crushed their cores. I stuck a spare tbird 900 in there, and now im waiting before he notices to replace it, since prices are always dropping :)

oh man, that sux!

Back