• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Have you seen the Xaser IV ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyleboy77

Have any of you seen thermaltake's new Xaser VI.
I think that it looks pretty sweet,(except for the frontpanel, thats a bit goofy) I bet there are all kinds of cool thing that could be done in that case. Perhaps, it will inspire as much discussion as the xaser iii did on this forum.

Some cool stuff about this case are
Removable motherboard tray
the case fans on the bottom
sliding top panel thingy

Here are some links

Official thermaltake page
Random Review
A cool preview vid

It looks better than the older xaser cases, but that isn't saying much. It's still a decent looking case that someone threw a couple pounds of plastic on.

The side panels look great, except the handles, and the cable management hanging off the back.

The door looks ok.

The sliding top panel is kinda neat, except for the RC car front end on it(wtf?). Same for that angled plastic piece on the back.

It's like throwing a huge body kit that isn't paint matched on a honda civic to try and make it look fast. It would look ok by itself, and better with some good lines, but someone thought it'd be a good idea to just start throwing gobs of plastic at it.

It looks like a toy kind of. I prefer the COSMOS or good ole' TJ07/TJ09 to that case.

I always like the Xaser cases, but whenever it came to buying one I never got one and I don't know why lol. But I like this one too, hmm here in about a year and a half when it's case upgrade time who knows....maybe. :D

Back