• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Having serious issues with new PCI SATA controller

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Angry

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=149&products_id=1305

I dont know if its the combination of me having the 2 raptors in Raid 0 on my onboard NF7-S 3112 Silcon controller and having 80 and 200gb drives on a second PCI 3112 Silcone controller.

Ive been enconding video all day on my 80gb drive and my CPU usage has been a solid 100% which is normal, but I can usually play winamp and surf the web while its enconding. Im not able to do that today as my system will all of the sudden hang, the music will keep playing, evntually stop. Nothing responds at all, at one point I went to turn off the pc thinking it had locked up. Then the music started playing again and the system came back to life, with my video still goingjust fine luckly.

Im wondering, if the 2 Silcone 3112 controllers are having a conflict or something as my system seems really stressed. Also this is the first time Ive seen my temps hit 47c on my watercooling! :eek: I posted here because the pci controller is the only thing Ive changed...eerrr added.

Also to note, When I first installed the mercury controller I installed in teh very bottom pci slot. When it was there, the sys would hang after "Verifying DMI pool data......." Would never load windows. So I moved it up one slot and its worked fine, except for the hangs. Should I move it again?
And the bios/firmware on the Mercury controller is a slightly older version than my onboard. So maybe it needs to be updated?

Heh, also I noticed Tribes 2 takes FOREVER to load up off my 200gb....

:edit:
Dont pay attention to the vrails, They ALWAYs read low on this board no matter what I have hooked up to it...With an OHM meter my 12v rail runs about 11.98 soild.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really think it was the card itself at first. Take it out and see if it does it fine without the controller card in there.

Well If I do that, I cant use the 80 and 200gb drives to run the video encode on. It never did it before with an IDE hdd as my man OS drive and the 200 and 80gb drives on the onboard NF7-S SATA.... :confused: ALL my drives are SATA now....aside from my dvdrom and cdburner.

Well I just tried copying a 1gb file from the 200gb to my raptors and its takeing FOREVER...right now the little copy dialog says its gonna take anywhere from 55mins to 177.......Umm. Damn lol. CPU usage shows its either eally not even trying or only coping every other min. Practiculy idle....? However, anything from the raptors to the 200gb or 80gb is perfect
Going to try a different PCi slot...

Last edited:
Muahhah! Had to try 3 dff PCI slots to get it to work right...
But it works great now, and plenty fast.

Laterz....

Okay, I know this is my 3rd reply in a row, but it just hung up on me again while I was just digging through my music thats on my 200gb drive.....:mad:

This is getting old...

Back