• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!!!computer is not responding anymore ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

marc1

Computer A/ window 2000Pro has the problem

I inverted drives.I took drive from A/ and put in on my computer B/ drive came up
nicely.

This is what I get mainly on A/

"Primary disk drive 1 not found"

If I do a normal booting A/ goes to 2000Pro main page and quick right back to Dell boot page.

thats it? :shrug:

Ok
My Dell is going circles it shows the first boot page of the os windows 2000Pro and then go back Dell boot page on and on...
So I figured the drive must be corrupted.I switched it to one of my other computers as drive F:\.it opened perfectly.
So put it back in the Dell and it still going circles?I reset the bios which seems to help a little bit but not much?any clue?

Last edited:
So you can open it on another computer fine, but you can't load windows properly right? Were you saying that computer A somtimes just says " cannot find hard drive" and other times it boots in circles?

This may be a bad sector on the hard drive. The reason that you can open it on another computer is because the boot sector is not needed to just open it. Chkdsk may be able to correct the problem. Here is a link:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;218461

I did fix the problem at 99%.
I checked jumpers ribbons ide slots I reloaded the bios.CHKDSK wont work as the initial OS would not accept any prompt.I also cleaned up inside it was mighty dusty in there.I twinkled the whole system and finally I got the CDRom drive back on the boot utility screen which was not even there before. I was able then to load windows XP.Everything went perfect except one detail initial boot still says "Hard Disk 1 Not Found" bun now the option "press F1 to continue" works so wouaaaa XP installed perfectly.So every time I ll have to press F1 but hey who cares it works.
In my opinion it was a combination of a lot of things included some shorts.This computer was giver to me .It is 5 years old with no maintenance on it whatsoever..I also believe there was a virus that messed up the whole sys...thanks guys...

Last edited:
Back