• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help!! I cant get my new p4 super rig to boot

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mycotopian

I just got the final piece of my system today but now I cant get it to boot. I have a feeling that I am screwing up the connections between the PSU and mobo. The PSU is an OCZ 520w powerstream and the mobo is an ABIT AA8XE. There are several options as far as hooking this thing up goes I dont know what to do and can't seem to get video so I am stuck trying to figure it out using the LED POST codes on the board.

How does this thing need to be hooked up?

20 pin or 24 pin ?

do I need to use the extra p4 wire coming from the PSU?

also the memory I am using is the OCZ PC2 4200 rev 2 stuff from newegg. Could that be creating an issue?

also in reference to not having video I am running a saphire x800 pro 256m

and I have refered to the manual. It is very vague

okay ,

hooked up in 24 pin mode I get a 8.7 check cpu core voltage then immediatly a 9.6 - de-assert cpu core voltage followed by a 9f which isnt even in the manual.

Hooked up in 20 pin mode with the 4 pin plug going to the corner of the board near the cpu it kepps flashing C1 which is check memory then ends up on E5 which isnt in the manual either.

Last edited:
hook it up with the 24pin combo then use the plug that says p4 not the one that has the p4+

and if you dont have an updated bios the board by default wont work with that memory because of its cas latency settings. youll have to flash the bios to get it to work the link posted above should tell you about it theres more threads on this if you do a search at xtremesystems that go into a little more depth.

according to batboy you cannot use that ram unless you update bios first, meaning use different ram, update bipos then use the ocz ram... there is a thread above this one i just read dealin with this issue

edit: i just realized hawk answered this right above my post

Back