• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help, I need to build a new system

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dogubit

Registered
I am way out of the loop now days, so asking for thoughts, links or outright spoon feeding. Not a gamer, I do a lot of research and can end up with 30 browser windows minimized at any given time and of course a torrent client running, music playing and maybe even a pause of things to watch a video clip or HD movie. Own a real copy of Win7 and would like to stick with it. I'm wanting to spend as little as possible, but know I'm going to have to spend some coin so be kind please. What I want is a crap load of USB 3 and min of 6 SATA, a ATA plug would be nice as I have a Blue Ray that's the old format that still works fine. I would like nice audio and min of 1GB video (HD Movies) as well as LAN on board, but with the option of cramming stand alone replacements in in the event of a failure. (I live in the lightning capital of the world and onboard LAN seem to get taken out often unless I'm home to unplug the CAT5 and if onboard video/audio takes a dump then MB is useless.) I also have a nice 2GB PCIE x 16 video card without a home just in case. Maybe a PCI slot or two if they are still used because got a pile of NIC's in a box, just in case. I would also like to have no less then 16GB of RAM. Now all this needs to go in a full size case, a big hulking mother that I guess is for and ATX MB if I remember right, tiring to save a little money if I can use it and it's full of fans. So, anyone up for the challenge? Not looking for the latest top of the line Intel or AMD CPU, but I would like the option to upgrade in that area later and hoping to be able to get at lease 3GHz + for starters. Thanks for reading my novel and your help.

Ha Ha, like to spend as little as I can get away with and have no idea about prices, would 600.00 get me anything, still got to get some new HD drivers too. All my drives but one are ATA.

Last edited:
Back