• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP Need good info on how to OVERCLOCK my Gateway 1 gig

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ThrillSwitch

Registered
Hey all I need some great info on how to Overclock my Gateway 1 gig. I have already got MOTHERBOARDMONITIOR/WCPUID but the dont allow me to overclock please HELP?????????can email me at [email protected] if needed .

the only program that I know of that allows you to overclock is softFSB (I think, and I'm not sure if that works for AMD stuff...). You have to have a motherboard that allows you to overclock. So check the board itself for jumpers or switches and check the manual for more info if you find any. Also check your BIOS for any FSB or Multiplier adjustments. Since its an OEM computer I kind of doubt the motherboard will allow you to overclock.

Last thing, if the motherboard doesn't allow you to overclock, you could change the L7 (I think.... anyone else??) bridges to change the multiplier, though I wouldn't try that myself. I've heard that http://www.tomshardware.com has stuff on 'hardwiring' the multiplier... Hope that helps

Back