• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help on GF4 replacement for GF2 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

oc jason

I currectly have a GF2 Pro 64mb running at 250/465, and see that a GF4 MX 440 is only $93, i can sell my Gf2 Pro for more than enough to pay for that GF4, i was just wondering what the clock speed of the 440MX is and if it will runn faster than my Gf2 Pro. I know its a GF4 but still its an MX, would i be better off getting a GF3 Ti 200 for about $10 more

what are you opinions

Get the Ti200. A GF4 MX should not be called a GF4. A less confusing lable would be a GF2.5. An overclocked Ti200 will give you better performance than a Gf4MX and it actually has DirectX8 support. I dont know the clockspeeds of a Gf4MX offhand but the consensus is that it is not meant for serious gamers and performance oriented people. I personally would rather have your Gf2 pro than the Gf4mx.

thanks that is all i needed to know, ill just wait theill the gf4 4600 is a bit cheaper and get that to go in the dual xp2000, dual 60gig HD, 512 mb pc2400 system that i am building... im happy about it :)

XanaX0911 said:
Get the Ti200. A GF4 MX should not be called a GF4. A less confusing lable would be a GF2.5. An overclocked Ti200 will give you better performance than a Gf4MX and it actually has DirectX8 support. I dont know the clockspeeds of a Gf4MX offhand but the consensus is that it is not meant for serious gamers and performance oriented people. I personally would rather have your Gf2 pro than the Gf4mx.

yea, mx cards kinda suck period. dont upgrade unledd u get a 8500 or a gf3/4 ti card. your gf2 pro is good enough, unless u have the money to get a better card. Dont upgrade unless your gonna get a gf3 ti200 or higher. its really pointless IMO.

Beware: The G4 MX doesn't feature programmable shaders, so you won't be having all those visual glory in DirectX 8 games.

the G4 MX440 is only marginaly faster than a TI/Pro its a Geforce2 clocked at 275/400 since the memory is the bottleneck your Pro as it is is probably faster....

Back