• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help overclocking a p4 2.4b!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vx

hello... i was just wondering if theres a possible way i can stay stable at 3.01
ghz on my p4 2.4b i can run everything fine. but two days ago when i installed "Vietcong Fist Alpha" and play it for about 5-10min it freezes on me. so i try upping my memory voltage, and then went back to test the game again, but same thing happen. my ram timmings are 2-3-2-5... do i need to change the timmings? mabe that will help? and my cpu is at 1.632v, my load temps are also at 45c. I pass prime95 for 9 hours. but iono why it freezes when i play games. should i use memtest to test my ram for errors? thanks alot!

personally im thinking it might be the FSB that is holding you back, because the 2.4b has stock 533mhz.

its just an observation but there could be something else im not seeing that could be affecting it.

vx said:
hello... i was just wondering if theres a possible way i can stay stable at 3.01
Impossible to say from here. I could guess, but so can you.

vx said:
my ram timmings are 2-3-2-5... do i need to change the timmings?
That depends on whether or not that is the source of your problem. It's pretty darn cheap to try changing them and see if it affects the problem. Again, no need to make this a guessing game.

vx said:
and my cpu is at 1.632v, my load temps are also at 45c. I pass prime95 for 9 hours. but iono why it freezes when i play games. should i use memtest to test my ram for errors?
Let me get this straight. Your problem is freezing in this game, but you are looking for some other test that is supposed to tell you if the problem is fixed? Try running the game as your test. It's a whole lot more relevant.

Please don't take this the wrong way. I, or nearly anyone else here will do all we can to help you. The only thing I can do to help you is to point out that you are the only one with this particular machine, and you have a reproducable error by which to test for solution of your problem. Change things and learn from the results, then tell us what the issue was. It is simply pointless to ask opinions when you (and only you) have the means at hand to find out for real.

if you past prime... and it hooks up only there.. well.. i would look to the graphics card.. try turning the vmod up a notch...and see if it freezes...

tell us abou it

Back