• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help! Upgrading MY PC GPU

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
So the previous GPUs work, but they have a chance of blowing the PSU? 750 looks fine, but how does it compare to the 780, and the 270x?
EDIT: When they talk about the recommended amount of watts, are they refering to the total including the computer or by its self?

So the previous GPUs work, but they have a chance of blowing the PSU? 750 looks fine, but how does it compare to the 780, and the 270x?

I don't know because you still haven't listed the specs here.
No offense, but I'm not clicking Google Drive links on my work computer, you're new.

Are you confused as to what a 780, 760, and 7870 are?

I don't know because you still haven't listed the specs here.
No offense, but I'm not clicking Google Drive links on my work computer, you're new.

Are you confused as to what a 780, 760, and 7870 are?

I'm not confused, and I don't know why would I put something harmful to google docs. I posted it for google docs for EarthDog becuase he couldnt see it. If you still don't trust me to see it, here is the link from the OFFICIAL HP website: http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/si...ac.admitted=1395950944368.876444892.199480143

Well, you're comparing apples to oranges with the 780 and 270X.

Take the information from the sticker on the PSU (brand, voltages, and currents) and list them here. Or even better, post a picture of it.
I guarantee HP didn't list that information anyway.

Well, you're comparing apples to oranges with the 780 and 270X.

Take the information from the sticker on the PSU (brand, voltages, and currents) and list them here. Or even better, post a picture of it.
I guarantee HP didn't list that information anyway.
HP did list that. I've never done anything to my whitebox, well, because I want to stay safe and not waste an over 1,000 $ computer. I've some old computers in my basement that I unscrewed the case, and I never found out to put it back again so I'm not gonna risk opening the computer for PSU specs. I assure you its on the website, cuz I gone over it many times to check the detailed information to provide it on this thread.

If I pissed you off, I don't mean any offense whatsoever.

HP did list that. I've never done anything to my whitebox, well, because I want to stay safe and not waste an over 1,000 $ computer. I've some old computers in my basement that I unscrewed the case, and I never found out to put it back again so I'm not gonna risk opening the computer for PSU specs. I assure you its on the website, cuz I gone over it many times to check the detailed information to provide it on this thread.

If I pissed you off, I don't mean any offense whatsoever.

Then just take the information they gave and drop it here...
I try not to go to a bunch of random links on my work computer, not directed to you at all, just anyone I don't know well.

I'm not angry in any way, just trying to help people while I'm not home.

Come on, it's from the HP website. Whatever, here are the PSU specs ( and tell me if I need to provide any other information, I'm not good at modding):
Power Supply

Internal 460W (100V-240V)
Form Factor: internal ATX
Total wattage: 460W
Nominal input voltage range:
100-127V/3A (50-60Hz)
200-240V/2A (50-60Hz)
Dimensions: 150mm x 140mm x 86mm (5.9 x 5.5 x 3.4 inches)

As I figured, HP's information is borderline useless.

There should be a brand somewhere on the side of the PSU, can you get that?

That also doesn't have the output voltages.
What amperage does it give for 12V output? (20A for example)

As I figured, HP's information is borderline useless.

There should be a brand somewhere on the side of the PSU, can you get that?

That also doesn't have the output voltages.
What amperage does it give for 12V output? (20A for example)

Err.. where can I find that information without opening it?

its locked in the case... I dont want to open it for safety reasons unless im putting the gpu. Is there an online reference or something?

Hey EarthDog! The problem is... I dont know how to put it back. Like previously I said, I just dismantled a old PC in my basement and I cant put it back. I dont trust my self openign to see the case... lol

its locked in the case... I dont want to open it for safety reasons unless im putting the gpu. Is there an online reference or something?

What do you mean "locked in the case"? PSUs are attached using four screws...

You'll already void any warranty by swapping the GPU, might as well start now.

Edit: Seeing your last post, maybe you shouldn't be taking the side panel off to swap the GPU.

Guys, I already posted the specs except some stuff of the PSU. Its in the links!

My warrianty voided a year ago, I bought the rig in Dec. 2011.

Hey EarthDog! The problem is... I dont know how to put it back. Like previously I said, I just dismantled a old PC in my basement and I cant put it back. I dont trust my self openign to see the case... lol
:shock:

Edit: Seeing your last post, maybe you shouldn't be taking the side panel off to swap the GPU.
THough it is super easy... I am concerned a bit now too... yikes.

antonio... step up man and do it or pay to have someone else do it. We are asking about the sticker on the PSU to make sure you have enough power to run the GPU of your choice. You SHOULD be ok if it is a modern unit, but we should confirm.

EDIT: When they talk about the recommended amount of watts, are they refering to the total including the computer or by its self?

It does say on the HP site that it's ATX 460 watt PSU so you might be able to upgrade the PSU and get a better Video card.

We need to see inside your case so we can see what will fit. Take some pictures and post them here.
psu.jpg

Im gonna do this an hour later.. Gotta finish my homework first. Thanks for the couragement EarthDog (lol). Anyways... See you later.

Merp.

WHAT!! Your using IE!... Wow.

Sorry I had to do that. I'm sorry if I offended you. :eek:

BYE... again.

"WHAT You're using an HP?! WOW.
Sorry, had to do that."

I don't like IE or HP, but I'm not criticizing someone for their personal preference.

He's trying to help you out after all.

Back