• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

HELP!! Very bad!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CharlesHF

Ok, I just saw the new bios revision on Soyo's main USA site. (www.soyousa.com) It's kvxa2ba3.bin I just flashed everything correctly, and it said to go into the BIOS after flashing it in, and load the "SETUP DEFAULTS." Well, the last time I did this, I found out that there is no such thing in my BIOS, so I loaded the........crap. I can't remember. It wasn't the "fail-safe" defaults. This time, I loaded the "fail-safe" defaults.
That was probably a mistake. I'm writing this on my dad's computer down at his office, because my computer is screwed up. I'll turn it on, and I'll get a beep, and then BBBEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP. And then it shuts itself off!!!! Before a signal is sent to my monitor. So, I have no idea what the problem is.
I've looked in the manual under the troubleshooting beeps section, and it doesn't have this kind of beep listed. I'm on Soyo's tech-support page on the net, and it doesn't help that much. I called tech-support, but ARRGGG they only have phone tech support between 9AM and noon, because the "preferred method of tech-support is through e-mail." Then, I get on the net down here at my dad's office, go on their webpage to see tech support, and it says "due to the high volume on e-mails, tech support over the phone is now the preferred method."

It would be nice if they were open longer than 3 stinking hours!!!!!

Ok, that was a long rant. Sorry for that, but help would be GREATLY APPRECIATED. I might not be able to reply that often, because of the lack of my computer working and how often I can use my dad's. Thank you for any help!!!!

Crap!

Crap, now I feel really stupid. I forgot that my motherboard has "FOC" (Fan-Off-Control) and I realized that it reset that when I plugged the new bios in. So, I had to plug my northbridge fan into the CPU fan, and then go into the bios, and turn it off. Whew, I'm back.

Don't feel bad, many others have done the same thing. There was a post recently where they had this problem after a BIOS flash, the old BIOS you had to enable the function, but with the new one it was enabled by default!

I did the same thing but thought the cpu was fried so I spent another 100 bucks on a cpu i didnt need:confused:

If you hold in the INSERT key while turning on your computer, that will bypass the FOC control and allow you to enter the BIOS to disable the feature, in case you don't have a spare 3-pin fan lying around...

Back