• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need suggestions to convert heic images

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jiminalex3

Registered
I sent my mother a bunch of awesome photos of my trip to NY from my iPhone in the document, and she was all excited to see them. But she can't open them on her Android device. It was very frustrating. .The issue is with these things called HEIC pictures that iPhones use. They're good because they save space and keep the pictures looking nice, but they don't work well on Android phones .My mother struggles a lot to open these kinds of pictures. I tried different apps to send pictures in a different way. I'm not really good with tech stuff so I need your suggestions to help my mother. My mother also used some converters but she wanted some more easy solution.

In case you're still around:

Is your mom using an older phone or something? According to this article the Google Photos app can open them https://www.makeuseof.com/open-heic-files-android/.

I would avoid trying to convert them unless absolutely necessary, as they are already compressed, and converting them to a different compressed format (i.e. JPEG) could cause noticeable quality issues.

Yes, She is using an old phone and she ain't ready to upgrade her phone as she has some emotional attachment to it. You are right converting the image disrupts the quality of image my relative recently told me a good converter that I am using which doesn't give me quality issue. I am gonna mention the converter as a token of gratitude for giving me suggestion. Incase you ever need that.

Back