• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help with 8500 please!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

f155mph

Ok I just installed my Radeon 8500 retail. I then downloaded the latest driver from ATI. After installing the driver and reboot, when I log into Window XP my computer will lockup and restart. I am running on an Giga 8SRX mobo, and 1.6a northwood. I am overclocking the chip but it still does the same thing when is not o/c. I tried using the cd that came with the card and it still does the same thing. Is anyone experiencing the same thing? The OS is a fresh install and fully updated. Bios on the board is updated too.

Thanks

Both of them do it. So I not sure what to do now. Last year when I had the original radeon in my 1.1 TBIRD it did the same thing. But I updated the driver and it was fine. This time I updated the driver and it still making my system unstable. What is going on here??? Should I just return it and get something else?

Well I install the one I downloaded first and it didn't work. So i went into safe mode and return the os into the previous state before i install the driver. Win XP let you do that. Then I install the driver from the cd and I rebooted it after the install was done. After XP started up again I click on my login and the computer rebooted. I tried three times and everytime it went into window it rebooted. So now took the driver off and just use the one that xp installed. But this will not let me use dual monitor and get all the screen settings. So if anyone can tell what is wrong I would greatly appricate it.

Thanks

You may want to post a thread in the Intel forums. It may be that your mobo doesn't like the 8500...I don't really know, though. I had a similar problem, but it only occurred when I ran programs. My fix was to start running in compatibility. Of course, there's no compatibility feature for all of XP...I don't really know what else to recommend. Try posting in Intel Motherboards forums to get a little more exposure.

AarontheJC said:
You may want to post a thread in the Intel forums. It may be that your mobo doesn't like the 8500...I don't really know, though. I had a similar problem, but it only occurred when I ran programs. My fix was to start running in compatibility. Of course, there's no compatibility feature for all of XP...I don't really know what else to recommend. Try posting in Intel Motherboards forums to get a little more exposure.
I agree, what motherboard do you have?
my friend has an intel board with the 815e chipset (a board made by intel with ZERO overclicking options :eek:, hes ****ed about it too, lol) and it wouldnt run ANY Ati card, lol. but he can run other videocards just fine.

I got a Giga 8SRX. I like the board a lot cause it got a lot of o/c features. This is really ****ing me off. I want to return the card but I need one that will support dual monitors.

Back