• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Helping a total noob build his first WC PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

StavrosPro

Registered
Hello guys. I am new at this and as much as I am trying to learn the things needed, it's so difficult for me. So I am reaching out for your help. I know asking spoon-fed information is certainly not that acceptable and that nobody will really create a custom loop for me but I am really bad at this and I don't know what to do. Help would be nice. This is my build: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/jmHmKZ

Are you looking to WC the CPU and GPU ?
On your parts list you have a Aio cooler. You won't need that with a custom loop
Hard or soft tubing?
Budget?
Where are you located? Or a site you plan on ordering from

That should get us started

Thats a heck of a price list! These guys will set you up nice and proper with the best parts/budget of anywhere you can find.

Are you looking to WC the CPU and GPU ?
On your parts list you have a Aio cooler. You won't need that with a custom loop
Hard or soft tubing?
Budget?
Where are you located? Or a site you plan on ordering from

That should get us started
It would be nice if I could WC both. I don't have a AIO as this build is pretty knew. I would prefer soft tubing as I have read it's easier to use than hard or idk. I would like a 300-500$ budget if possible. I am from Greece but I can buy from anything online but I would prefer amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...6_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ek+water+cooling

Something like that would be a ok spot to start also add on 1080ti block.
Watercooler also makes some nice parts.

All you really need to watercool is a block,pump,rad,tubes,rams,fittings.

Myself I like a pump-rez combo but you really don't need a Rez if you use a tline.

What are your goals for water cooling ? Max OC? Low noise? (This will make the difference on rad and fan desision)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00L...6_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=ek+water+cooling

Something like that would be a ok spot to start also add on 1080ti block.
Watercooler also makes some nice parts.

All you really need to watercool is a block,pump,rad,tubes,rams,fittings.

Myself I like a pump-rez combo but you really don't need a Rez if you use a tline.

What are your goals for water cooling ? Max OC? Low noise? (This will make the difference on rad and fan desision)
So to make it clear, will this pack and 1080ti block work for me? Oh and as for the question, I would want something in between OC and silent operation.

Last edited:
Yes that kit plus a 1080ti fe block is all you would need .
I am searching on ekwb and I can't find anything for zotac. Could you please find me one? :)
EDIT: Will this be good for my case or will I need to make tweaks?

:welcome: to OCFs!

First you need to read our intro to watercooling stickies to get the basic knowledge flowing before pulling the trigger on custom water cooling. Read lots and watch lots of videos. This gave me the confidence to proceed with my first ever build years ago and then we can assist you down that path.

:welcome: to OCFs!

First you need to read our intro to watercooling stickies to get the basic knowledge flowing before pulling the trigger on custom water cooling. Read lots and watch lots of videos. This gave me the confidence to proceed with my first ever build years ago and then we can assist you down that path.

ok got it. Thank you all for the help.
/Thread

Back