• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Here it is!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Some of those Xeons are WAY amazing clockers. I thought that SS was also real lol.

But for the power supply, everyone thinks they need 1000watt. Even the 850 is overkill unless your going to be doing SLI.

I'm running a 560watt and I think my full loaded is only 400 watts or so. I will do a test here in a few minutes.

Killawatt reports
367 idle in windows
518 prime
480-500 gaming

little higher then I expected, a high quality 600 watt PSU could handle it just fine. I would do a 750 just in case.

Already ordered that set up right there. The Asus calculator recommended min 750 PSU, so I figured 850 would more than cover it even if I tweek things. I have heard of 975 hitting 5Ghz on water but damn 5.3+?

Well 5.3Ghz with HT on... Yeah I don't think so on water.

Just a note Brainwasher. If you don't do a lot of multi-tasking or have programs that utilize it often, to disable HT. I've gained a considerable amount of FPS in games because of this. Just something you might consider. I was running 3.8Ghz with HT on, now running ~3.66Ghz without HT and definatly much quicker in games.

http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=6130895&postcount=15
http://www.ocforums.com/showpost.php?p=6136006&postcount=39

Or just look at the whole thread for some info I ran across.

A setup like that probably wouldn't use more than 600W under full load (CPU, GPU & HDD's) unless that is OCed really high and has some good voltages going through it. Still though always getting a bigger one for that need of a second GPU is always nice.

Not to talk crap because you definately got a sweet rig there, but I would rather pick up an X25M + i920 and gotten much greater performance at less $.

Let us know how the OC goes though, I'd love to see how far you get that thing.

Back