• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hey guys what's the max you've ever done

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Highest I've done so far....

Q6600 G0 = 3.960ghz on air
E3110 = 4.5ghz on UltraChillTEC
X3350 = 3.6 on UltraChillTEC

Then I picked up my watercooling..

E8500 = 4.5ghz on water
Q6700 = 4ghz on water

Hey guys what's the max you ever overclocked it up to? Aka how many GHz?

Also, Has anyone ever tried overclocking it up to 1THz or more? If more how much?

Welcome to OCForums, science man. :welcome:

Please read around and enjoy yourself here. If you do a little reading around, you will see that there is nothing even remotely close to running at 1 THz in the processor world. Present and near future processors can't even come close to 10 GHz, much less a THz in processor speed.

In the future, do a little research before asking about things that are impossible to do at present. :)

Welcome to OCForums, science man. :welcome:

Please read around and enjoy yourself here. If you do a little reading around, you will see that there is nothing even remotely close to running at 1 THz in the processor world. Present and near future processors can't even come close to 10 GHz, much less a THz in processor speed.

In the future, do a little research before asking about things that are impossible to do at present. :)

I am thinking that he means stuff like this: http://www.nytimes.com/2006/06/20/t...&partner=rssuserland&emc=rss&pagewanted=print .

There are no chips that are available on or near the market that get near those speeds, let alone a thz lol. The guys at IBM broke 200ghz in 2001 and there has been no chips released since then that can do over three and a half ghz. Meaning that it is almost certain that the "semiconductor" chips that get to these insane speeds are not meant for and will never be for public use.

Back