• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hi Is it possible to use CAR NEONs in PC..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
yes ive seen it done in many places.. but id rather just buy a pc made one, i hear there cooler ( as in heat wise not looks) but cost a few more pennys

Yes, they are the same, some sites that offer the neons for PC's have a 4 pin molex connector attached to them to plug into a spare from your power supply, most of the car neons use a plug that plugs into the cig. lighter in your car, I've seen 3 different styles, all 12VDC, one may use a inverter box with leads to plug into the lighter, then the tubes plug into the box, some have the inverter built into the tube's casing with lighter plug, some have the inverter built into the lighter plug, just watch out for the ones with the inverter built into the lighter plug, I seen on a site where a guy got this style and cut the lighter plug off not realizing the inverter was mounted in it, no matter which style you can make them all work!

TOTALY!! I did it and it was easy just take apart the cigerate lighter thing and attach the red wire to the yellow 12v ps wire and black to black bingo your in bussiness

Back