• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FRONTPAGE HIS HD 7790 iCooler Turbo Graphics Card Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

It's an interesting time in the sub-$200 graphics card market these days. NVIDIA and AMD have recently released new offerings in this price range, and the battle for your graphics card dollars are in full swing. The latest competition between team red and team green revolves around the AMD Radeon HD 7790 and NVIDIA's GTX 650 Ti. Today, we'll be looking at the AMD side of this battle, coming in the form of a HIS HD 7790 iCooler Turbo. So, let's find out how this latest HIS offering stacks up against the competition!

... Return to article to continue reading.

I like the shroud, it makes sure the hot air doesn't just get sucked right back into the fan. Seems a bit excessive on the back end of the card though I think they were again trying to make sure the hot air was put somewhere else.

I like the shroud, it makes sure the hot air doesn't just get sucked right back into the fan. Seems a bit excessive on the back end of the card though I think they were again trying to make sure the hot air was put somewhere else.

^This is exactly what I meant. They could have made our life waaaay easier if they made the shroud a little bit smaller.

My HIS 7970 iceQ2 shroud also extend well beyond the PCB, so I would think it's intentional.
The question is, is it effective?

ps. great review

Back