• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

hmmmm which mouse should i use?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bboy_Jon

my dad bought this from a garage sale

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,crid=1,contentid=5061,detail=2

it all works and im using the keyboard, its great. The thing is which mouse should i use?

right now i have this mouse

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=26-105-122&depa=0

microsoft optical intelli but it has a cord

i want no wires but the mouse that came with the elite duo which is the cordless mouse man optical

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/support/products/details/US/EN,CRID=1792,CONTENTID=5269

only has 1 button on the side (for back in internet browsers) the ms optical intelli has 2 (forward and back)

the intelli is good for some games (halo is all i can think of) because i can set the back button to do a melee attack, then the forward button to switch weapons, but those buttons dont really work in other games, so then the cordless would be fine

another thing is theres no charger. SO the mouse and keyboard just eat up the batteries even when the computer is off (can i change that besides takin out the batteries?)

so what should i use cordless mouse, or ms optical intelli

I love my cordless MX700- I hate cords- you could pickup a cheap rechargable battery charger and batteries at Walmart to solve the battery problem. And plug in the wired mouse when you play games.

cani just plug and play the mouse? or do i have to reboot everytime i plug it in?

on logitechs site it says not to use rechargable batteries or somethin i dunno

I had the cordless mouse, and it ate up batteries to the point where I just stuck it in a drawer and gave up on it. The keyboard OTOH only needed one change of batteries in around 3-4 months while it seemed as thought the mouse needed a change every 2 weeks.

If it were in your situation, I would use the Microsoft mouse, as I prefer the shape in comparison to the Logitech, and I don't like the excess weight caused by the batteries in the wireless.

However, it is all a matter of personal preference, and if you like the Logitech more, then it would be the best choice for you.

Aslan said:
I had the cordless mouse, and it ate up batteries to the point where I just stuck it in a drawer and gave up on it. The keyboard OTOH only needed one change of batteries in around 3-4 months while it seemed as thought the mouse needed a change every 2 weeks.

If it were in your situation, I would use the Microsoft mouse, as I prefer the shape in comparison to the Logitech, and I don't like the excess weight caused by the batteries in the wireless.

However, it is all a matter of personal preference, and if you like the Logitech more, then it would be the best choice for you.

That's exactly what I did. I am using the intellimouse with my wireless keyboard. The wireless mouse is in a drawer somewhere.

well i put in new batteries into my keyboard yesterday after noon and this morning it was down to "good"

i just want no wires

Back