• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

holesaw for modding case, need advice

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
that kit looks like it's for wood, most likely wont work for metal, best bet would probably be a jig saw with a metal bit or a dremel.

I'd also consider getting something like this it comes with a template so you can make it look good.

Well a wood hole saw will probobly work on metal but you'd have better results with a five inch metal hole saw.

I picked up a 4.5" bimetal hole saw blade at Lowe's a couple of years ago, It was $29, Kind of pricy, However I have used it several times and to me it was well worth it because it makes it pretty easy to cut a nice neat hole with minimal clean up around the edge. Perfect for adding extra 120's.

I picked up a 4.5" bimetal hole saw blade at Lowe's a couple of years ago, It was $29, Kind of pricy, However I have used it several times and to me it was well worth it because it makes it pretty easy to cut a nice neat hole with minimal clean up around the edge. Perfect for adding extra 120's.

Same here. Actually, I use a 4" bi-metal hole saw from Lowes, but still...

The wood ones do work on aluminum, since the aluminum is soft. But something "cheap" like that Northern Tool set isn't going to stay sharp long.

I use the arc/circle jig thing for my dremel, it works great. Sorry, Don't know the technical name for it heh, but, if you already have a dremel, it might be cheaper.

Back