• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Homemade calc link

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cyberey66

Anyone ever make there own calc link for a TI calc . I wanna back up my programs and download some from the internet and is there any good programs for making calc apps.

I basically mastered the little basic language, and wanna try some harder programing for my calc. I really want to see how a game is made, somthing simple like black jack at first. I was going to program that but I dont know how I would do the random #s.

Well what else is there to do in chem class, so my calc is my savior. But I made all the simple progs I need as well as an animation of an eye looking back and forth. To bad it's choppy.

Well, basicly im bored, need a link, and better programing to do. Any suggestions?

I dont know what is wrong with my electronic skills, but I tried making 3 different calc link cables (2 serial and one paralell) and none of them worked. I only spent about $20 for the materials for all of them, but I am still concerned why they didnt work. I ended up getting so frustrated that I ordered the Ti-graph link from TI's website. I would still like to figure out why they didnt work sometime when I have some spare time.
I even had my old electronics instructor look at them and he said I needed more practice soldering but that it should work. Hmm. Oh well.

Spent $5 on parts today. Damn radio shack didn't have exact parts. Got a 330 ohm resistor instead of 300, but with 5% tolerance it should work. My main concern is I had to get a 5.1v diode instead of 4.7v. Well I hope it works, wish me luck:D

What the heck is NPO capacitor? You need a .1 pf NPO capasitor to overclock the calc. They had .1 pf capacitors but didn't say anything about being NPO Not important though, to much work to install a switch anyway.

I built the cable, it didn't say which way to out the led so I put it neg end going to cal and pos end going to connector. I can't test it though, when I start the software it says "can't open communications port" How can I get the software to work?

calc1.jpg
calc2.jpg

Hey, you can barly tell they're homemade!

Last edited:
OK problem fixed, my modem had a conflict with my serial port. My cable doesn't work yet, but the led lights up though.

I never did try my cables after I got my TI-89, but on my 85 the calc would just freeze as soon as I plugged in the cable. Is this same thing happening to you? I will try to get some digital pics of my cables and post them here. I hope you get a cable working, I really want to get this to work, if for nothing other than personal satisfaction.
What calc do you have? The doorsOS for the 89 and 92 is a really good program for running assembly programs under.

I have a ti-83 plus. The calc freezes when its plugged in. I followed the directions exact and the LED lights. Still nothing will work. Well, my brother said at work he can grab me some serial ports and hopefully parallel ports. I might try another style cord.

If anyone here has ever made a calc link that works please tell me what cord it is. I made a copy of the serial "black cord", but it doesn't work.

Back