• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

*HOT HOT* X1800XL 512mb @ ZZF $199 shipped - FLASH TO X1800XT!! (BACK Ordered)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
my order shipped out... fedex home delivery so it'll take a while... i'm in no rush, though. :)

Dammit!! Can you believe I just bought this for my secondary "budget" gaming rig/work machine? Twice the RAM of my 7800GT and almost 30FPS better in BF2 at 1600x1200 resolution with full eye candy on. Going to pair it up with an AM2, but I'm going to hold off for the newer cores to come out.

i did the same... going into my 2nd rig. :) its cheap enough for that!

ahhh this is torture. @_@ but most buy! ZOMBIFY!!! I'll probably pull the trigger when u actually verify a successive flash to xt. KEEP US UPDATED gOdM@n!

bumsquad said:
ahhh this is torture. @_@ but most buy! ZOMBIFY!!! I'll probably pull the trigger when u actually verify a successive flash to xt. KEEP US UPDATED gOdM@n!
i have a strong feeling that i won't be the 1st to get mine (cuz I didn't upgrade to 2nd day shipping), and i also have a strong feeling that this is a VERY limited supply.

the limited supply is what im afraid of...cuz ZZF is the only place ive seen selll this model for this price.

mine is going to 2nd rig as well. i can finally run 1600x1200 with all eye candies turned on on the 21" sony trinitron. :p not too expensive of an upgrade since i can probably get $100 on my x800pro.

it'll be here tomorrow, and i'll update the ram stepping at work after i get it.

Don't flame me for being nub on this one....

->> I just bought a Sapphire x1800xt 512mb for a rig on a DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D ..... is it at all possible to flash that aforementioned card to x1800xt speeds and run Crossfire on my rig??

-> If this is an obviously stupid question please bear with me ... I haven't had to build a rig in 3 years... outta the loop

Thanks guys

SemperFiGuy said:
Don't flame me for being nub on this one....

->> I just bought a Sapphire x1800xt 512mb for a rig on a DFI LanParty UT nF4 Ultra-D ..... is it at all possible to flash that aforementioned card to x1800xt speeds and run Crossfire on my rig??

-> If this is an obviously stupid question please bear with me ... I haven't had to build a rig in 3 years... outta the loop

Thanks guys
You'll need a x1800 crossfire master card like this one. plus a crossfire motherboard like this one in order to setup crossfire. unlike nvidia which just needs 2 of same card and a motherboard that supports sli.

So the board in my previous post is only for SLI setups? No way to make it work?

To level with y'all, the last rig I built sported a 128mb 9800pro .. and that sucker was hot s**t at the time I built it.

Hrm didn't realize this card was just a repackaged X1800XT 512MB. Pretty good deal if ya ask me. Just peel the sticker off "Yeah it's an X1800XT". I'll bet they're speed-binned compared to actual X1800XTs, so don't expect them to get X1800XTPE speeds.

SemperFiGuy said:
So the board in my previous post is only for SLI setups? No way to make it work?
Correct.

that's kind of a letdown. But hey, I just upgraded to the 512mb x1800xt from a rig running an 8500LE and another running the 9800pro .. so this is still like woah for me.

hmmmm iono though. whats the real point when dx10 is just on the horizon? oblivion runs fine on my comp as it is, and thats pretty much the most graphically intensive game i'll have for a while.

i might pass on this one.

bumsquad said:
hmmmm iono though. whats the real point when dx10 is just on the horizon? oblivion runs fine on my comp as it is, and thats pretty much the most graphically intensive game i'll have for a while.

i might pass on this one.
There's ALWAYS something on the horizon... you can't always tell yourself to wait... otherwise, you may wait forever!! :D

I have a 7800GTX at near stock speeds. Would it be worth it buy this card and sell mine? 200 bucks aint bad. I play a lot of counter-strike and battlefield 2. I know ATI cards have a better IQ and will look better. I also like the idea of hdr+aa. The rest of my specs are in my sig.

I wouldnt mind getting a x1900xt at this price ;)

Supposedly the x1800xt 512mb wasn't that much better than the 7800gtx from what I've seen, but IQ and hdr+aa is the maing reason why I chose the x1800 over the 7900gt for my 2nd rig.

And I'm sure you can resell your gtx for $200 with ease, but i'd look around classies first to see the going rate.

Just ordered one! 2 day shipping only 1.99, not bad! I will start looking around for information about flashing the bios. Anyone have any links or how-tos to give? Thanks!

just received the card, and this is the memory chip

Samsung 543
K4J52324QC-BJ12

forgot to mention it comes with 6 phase inductors

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back