• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Hotmail shutdown?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Hey guys,

As people may have heard, Microsoft are closing down Hotmail.

I have used hotmail since around about 1998/99, but so far i have no idea whats going to happen to my email? What about all my stored emails?

Anyone got any info on this? All the info i can find is all about how they are gonna call it outlook not and blah blah blah, but nothing about the 326million hotmail accounts future?

You can sign into outlook.com with your existing hotmail info and access your emails. Seems like just a domain name change to me.

You can sign into outlook.com with your existing hotmail info and access your emails. Seems like just a domain name change to me.
That seems about right.
I was logged into Hotmail and when I went to www.outlook.com it automatically signed me into the outlook account.

I suspect that after the change over there will be a redirect for e-mail addressed to hotmail and live.com

Last edited:
According to the news articles hotmail is not going anywhere. Your email will still be @hotmail.com/@live.com/@msn.com depending on how long you have had it. (I Have all 3 now :p)

I probably wont have an @outlook.com for another year or two since I just got an @live.com

Also the new site... does not work in Opera browser. Works in IE.. looks totally stupid too.

I hope hotmail does not go anywhere cuz I think it is a much better more organized and professional look. The "metro" UI looks cludgy together by some kid that just got photoshop and couldnt properly size everything.

According to the news articles hotmail is not going anywhere. Your email will still be @hotmail.com/@live.com/@msn.com depending on how long you have had it. (I Have all 3 now :p)

I probably wont have an @outlook.com for another year or two since I just got an @live.com

Also the new site... does not work in Opera browser. Works in IE.. looks totally stupid too.

I hope hotmail does not go anywhere cuz I think it is a much better more organized and professional look. The "metro" UI looks cludgy together by some kid that just got photoshop and couldnt properly size everything.

I do like the current hotmail layout, but sounds like they are changing it to make way for the the outlook due to windows 8.

But im happy to hear i dont have to change anything.

Thanks for the heads up. I opened a few accounts at outlook.com as it is easier to get the username you want at this early stage without having to add numbers behind.

Back