• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How can I use MirrorLink on my Android phone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Crow846

Hi everyone,
I have been using Android devices for over a decade now and some time ago I got a new car with Android Auto and Mirror link.
Luckily Android Auto is working fine but it is limited as Google trying to make Android Auto safe for driving.
So I wanted to mirror the entire phones screen to the infotainment screen. As I remember it used to work a couple of years ago.
But I can't figure out how to do it with the latest Android.
I own Samsung Galaxy A7 2017 and I only managed to mirror the display with some 3rd party app that mirrors only some apps.
but not the entire screen of the phone as I would want to.

Will appreciate any help you can offer cause I can't find any help on Google.
Some website saying I need root (why?) and some are asking me to download shady 3rd party software (that doesn't work either).
but no one can tell me the solution to my problem.

many of the newer "smart" phones dont output video like the older phones did. I want to guess that the Samsung Note 4 were the last to actually function correctly. When I had my Note 4 I also had to purchase a 5pin to 11pin USB adapter to make it function with Mirrorlink. I currently have a Samsung Note 9 and it will interface with Mirrorlink but has to do it over wifi- my headunit has wireless cababilities- but it is way slower than just using Android Auto.
I wontn claim to be an expert here. These are just my experiences

Back