• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How Do I Use The Molex Pin Extractor Tool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

craigiz1

I am doing some interior cleanup in my case and want to sleeve my power leads.
I bought the extractor tool, but don't know how to use it. Am I going to be able to put things back together or should I get a kit to make new ends? I want to shorten the leads to fit nicely in the case without having to much excess.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks. :confused:

The ends of the connectors have little barbs (inside the connector) you need to push in. I have no clue what this tool looks like...I just use a paperclip or a screwdriver to push the little tabs in.

Thanks johan851. I've been looking for set's just in case. I'm sure this will be one of those trial and error things. I hope it is worth it.

Happy holidays.

I have one of the tools like Chaos Snake has linked to...You just slip it over the pin and push the plunder down...They work like a charm on the female pins...Little tricky with the males...You just have to "center" them and it will push the pin right out...They also make pin removers without the "plundger"...But you have to buy the male and female tools...You just slip them over the pin and pull the wire out the back...If you are going to sleeve your power supply they are well worth the money...Great time saving tool...For the little ole change they cost you cant go wrong...;)

Back