• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how do u take screenshots of....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Auri87

is it possible to take screenshots from divX or wmp. i tried 2 diffrent ways, using hypersnap and printscreen but both times i get black boxes where the picture is supposed to be. Is there a way to capture the picture on one of these media player?

i dunno if it works for you or not

software such as powerdvd lets you capture a screen shot when playing dvd/vcd/dat and other file formats, i havent tried playing avi or wma on it

or you can do a thing, get a software such as capex (capture express) which is my favourite, pause the frame and just capture the window, capex does a very good job

hope that works for you :)

Pause it, minimize it, restore, then take a screen cap.

If that doesn't work your other option is to download VirtualDub and export the individual frame(s) you want as images or an AVI without sound (which most GIF animator programs can open).

Captain Slug said:
If that doesn't work your other option is to download VirtualDub and export the individual frame(s) you want as images or an AVI without sound (which most GIF animator programs can open).

I agree. If you are ever going to be doing anything with videos, virtualDub is the way to go. Might as well use it now and learn it.

Back