• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do you record video?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

550M

I've been using a pci tv wonder for awhile now, and i have a lot of trouble recording with it. I know there's also a lot of vid cards with VIVO. So which works better? With the video in on a vid card how do you get the sound to record with it? I think thats all, if you have any other info that might help let me know too.

do you ever have trouble opening the files that it creates? i can only open them if i record to avi, and even then they're huge

www.vcdhelp.com would be a nice place to start, they have tutorials for just about every scenerio possible.

VIVO will not record sound, but all capture software will alloow you to select your sound source which means you run the video in the video card and a seperate sound cable to your sound card's aux jack.

AVI is a standard and requires no conversion (that's why the files are so big, it just takes the incoming data and dumps it into a file), to capture to mpeg in real time you need a hardware mpeg converter (like the Dazzle, which costs about $200) or an EXTREMELY fast PC to do mpeg software processing on the fly.

that vcdhelp thing is a great site. they have a whole lot of info. it will take me awhile to look throught that :) as for the media encoder 9 thing it doesn't look like it works with win98.

Back